2023 MLB (non-Tigers) catch all thread

Tigeraholic1

Immaculate grid pisses me off, but I keep on playing every day!  I feel like I should do better and know I would have done better when I was younger.  I get some 7s and 8's, but can't quite get to 9 even though I always feel like I am on the verge.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Immaculate grid pisses me off, but I keep on playing every day!  I feel like I should do better and know I would have done better when I was younger.  I get some 7s and 8's, but can't quite get to 9 even though I always feel like I am on the verge.  

I do one real version on my phone then cheat and do a Tigers only version on my laptop using Baseball Reference to help me remember some Tigers. I honestly think the cheating version is more fun.

Edited by Edman85
  • Like 1

I do ok depending on the team, for some reason there are certain teams I just seem to remember about better than others. The worst for me was the other day when they had the Rockies and Diamondbacks on the same quiz, those two teams are prob the two I remember or know the least about. 

For the Dbacks like all I can remember are certain guys from the early 00 teams along with some random guys here and there and for the Rockies all I think about is the Bichette,Walker etc. teams. It's like my mind draws a blank otherwise about both of their relative short histories. 

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I do one real version on my phone then cheat and do a Tigers only version on my laptop using Baseball Reference to help me remember some Tigers. I honestly think the cheating version is more fun.

That sounds more fun as I have become very Tigers-centric. 

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I suck.  Same as you, I would have crushed it in my teens.

I just read an article that says that the MLBPA want to add time to the pitch clock for the postseason or maybe allow for extra timeouts to give pitchers more time. 

I'm not against that per se but I just worry that it could be a slippery slope where it starts with the playoffs and then next thing you know it will carry over to the regular season in the future. If I knew for sure that wouldn't happen then I'd be ok with them adding some time to it since the playoffs are generally more high stressed high pressured situations. 

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I just read an article that says that the MLBPA want to add time to the pitch clock for the postseason or maybe allow for extra timeouts to give pitchers more time. 

I'm not against that per se but I just worry that it could be a slippery slope where it starts with the playoffs and then next thing you know it will carry over to the regular season in the future. If I knew for sure that wouldn't happen then I'd be ok with them adding some time to it since the playoffs are generally more high stressed high pressured situations. 

That is a legit concern.  The only good thing that has been done during the Manfred years and they are going to **** it up.  

• Thanks 1

I'm in favor of whatever the players want.  I want good baseball and if both the pitchers and hitters feel they need extra time to be at optimum performance level then do it.  The focus should be on quality of the product.  I'd rather the participants of the game make these decisions rather than guys in suits who have to think about other things like money... face it, that's the only thing they consider.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:16 PM, RandyMarsh said:

I have mentioned before, IMHO, I think the clock should be given a break once a P reaches 10 Ps (or 12... ) for each batter. This allows more recovery time for a P. Once a P and batter get to that many Ps it then seems to really take a toll on a P.

Maybe like an extra 30 seconds, one time, once the P/batter confrontation reaches that 10 pitch point.

To change anything during the playoffs, as some have mentioned, may wish to be later implemented to get it done during the season as well. That might be a step backwards for the game.

Again, IMHO, I feel the P clock, base sizes, no shifts, etc. have really helped the enjoyment and pace of the game - and I consider myself a baseball purest as have been following a looong time. FWIW, if MLB did not implement those changes I would think the game would of continued to be less attractive to many current and future fans.