04/08/2023 4:10 pm EDT Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Maybe he’s anxious because he’s stuck in Detroit and he doesn’t want to play here? 🤷‍♂️

You really have to quit beating this drum.  Just because you don’t like Detroit, doesn’t mean everyone else has an issue.  Great place to live, progressive org and has the potential to play with his younger brother.

Very lame take and it trivializes what he is going through.

13 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

You really have to quit beating this drum.  Just because you don’t like Detroit, doesn’t mean everyone else has an issue.  Great place to live, progressive org and has the potential to play with his younger brother.

Very lame take and it trivializes what he is going through.

Who said I don't like Detroit? I didn't. I like it fine. I'm from there. Best pizza in the world, for one thing. Best potato chips on the planet for another.

Also, I wasn't talking about the city.

Outside of Lange and Manning(when he is on) nobody on this roster has big league caliber stuff. It's like everybody else throws low 90s FBs with no life or command along with lollipop breaking balls.  Virtually every other team you watch has a ton of guys that may not have the best command atleast are capable of throwing plus stuff we don't have any of them aside from the two I mentioned. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Outside of Lange and Manning(when he is on) nobody on this roster has big league caliber stuff. It's like everybody else throws low 90s FBs with no life or command along with lollipop breaking balls.  Virtually every other team you watch has a ton of guys that may not have the best command atleast are capable of throwing plus stuff we don't have any of them aside from the two I mentioned. 

Turnbull can potentially throw hard - if he gets it all back, but many pitchers pitch half a season after TJ before they get everything back. Some guys are lucky and are 100% out of the gate, but you can't count in that.

In the pen, we traded two of the three guys who could throw 97+ so I guess we shouldn't be suprised there is less velo out there.

Edited by gehringer_2

36 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

This from the front office team that put their eggs in the rebuild-through-pitching basket. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

I guess we're not done with position players pitching. What a joke. Now I have cruel summer stuck in my head.

Remember when it used to be kind of fun to see a position player pitch? Now it just makes me walk out of the ballpark. 

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Hope you saved your receipt—try and get a refund.

Despite the outcome, I stayed the whole game.  And I plan on torturing myself again and seeing them later on this year.  I'll let you know when so you can place your bets on another blowout game.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Remember when it used to be kind of fun to see a position player pitch? Now it just makes me walk out of the ballpark. 

It seems like teams are doing everything they can to protect their pitchers, but it also seems like they are getting hurt as much as ever.  Is it working?  

34 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

Despite the outcome, I stayed the whole game.  And I plan on torturing myself again and seeing them later on this year.  I'll let you know when so you can place your bets on another blowout game.

I wonder if anyone sat through the Wings' 5-1 drubbing by the Penguins and then walked across the street and watched the Tigers' 14-5 blowout loss in full. They deserve to be rewarded with season tickets for their troubles. Or would that be punished with season tickets.