Pistons Offseason - 2023

Deleterious

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Great to see. I can't wait for the season to start. Is it October yet?

It doesn’t even feel like it should be August already.  But I am very intrigued about this upcoming season.  This franchise needs a healthy dose of actual on court optimism.

I can't remember where I read it maybe the Athletic(wasn't by JEIII) but I guess Kerr or Grant Hill flat out said that he would be on the main team and the only reason he isn't is because he is working his way back from injury so he's under a bit of a load management at this time. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I can't remember where I read it maybe the Athletic(wasn't by JEIII) but I guess Kerr or Grant Hill flat out said that he would be on the main team and the only reason he isn't is because he is working his way back from injury so he's under a bit of a load management at this time. 

Yeah. Cade was invited but he turned it down so he could concentrate on rehab and getting ready for the season.

• Like 1

I totally don't understand this whole thing so I may be missing something but why are they doing it in the middle of November like right after the regular season starts? It seems like something you would do later on in the season when people maybe kinda losing interest in the regular season like say late February or so. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I totally don't understand this whole thing so I may be missing something but why are they doing it in the middle of November like right after the regular season starts? It seems like something you would do later on in the season when people maybe kinda losing interest in the regular season like say late February or so. 

I don't think this is for the older "traditional" NBA fan.  I think its for a younger crowd and/or a soccer crowd.  I say soccer because this experiment is a rip off of soccer, is it not?

As far as I am concerned, these are regular season games on the schedule.  I just wonder which of the 6 different kit sets they'll wear that day.

Edited by casimir

The Pistons will travel just over 35,000 miles.  That will be the third lowest amount in the league.  Clippers are number one with just over 50,000 miles.  

They play 6 games where they will have a rest advantage.  That is the 2nd lowest in the league, Boston has 16.  

They play 9 games where they will have a rest disadvantage.  Highest is 13 and that is Orlando.

They play 15 B2B games, most in the league.  But they are tied with like 9 other teams and the lowest is 13 B2B games.

All this can be found on this site:

https://www.positiveresidual.com/shiny/nba/