05/17/2023 1:10 pm EDT Pittsburgh Pirates vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

I thought the conversation about Austin Hedges that DD and Dirks had was interesting.... the double in this game aside, he's an atrocious hitter, but he plays a position (catcher) where you can tolerate that performance.

Schoop and Maton, particularly Schoop given the fact that he's a short timer anyway, don't really have that luxury.... we can talk about how there aren't any options, but eventually they will make other options if performance at the dish does not improve.

Edited by mtutiger

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Honest to God, I didn't actually realize that it was only one GD hit until looking at the box score, so it probably matches my real time reaction lol

An infield hit. The Tiger's ONLY hit was a ground ball the pitcher didn't get over to 1st base fast enough.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Gonna be like this all season, they'll get a couple games under .500 and then lose a game or two.  

At work, busy day - what did Schoop do (or not do). 

May 17th - still 0 RBI, right? 

They have a mental block about .500.  It's 2004 all over again (or was in 2005?)

45 minutes ago, TigersForever1256 said:

Think the year you have in mind is 2005. Tram managing in his last year. Tigers were near/at .500 at the AS break, then went into the abyss. Something like 15-40.

Yeah, it was 2005.  They were right around .500 most of the year until they collapsed in September.  Many fans kept saying it was a mental thing where they would get up to .500 over and over and then fall back.  I just figured they weren't that good.