Carter Mazur LW 21 6' 0" 170
Elmer Soderblom RW 22 6' 8" 246

Amadeus Lombardi C 20 5' 10" 178
Joe Veleno C 23 6' 1" 203
Dmitri Buchelnikov LW 20 5' 9" 150
Jonaton Berggren RW 23 5' 11" 197
Filip Zadina RW 23 6' 0" 190

Some thoughts:

1) Larkin is on the list due to the contract and he has the speed/ talent to be effective, I believe, for the duration.

2) Husso because I think Goalies have more longevity than forwards/ defenseman.

3) Other than those two... the future of this team is really highly dependent on the 19-24 age group.

4) The guys at the bottom, last two defenseman (Buium & Johansson) and 3rd lineman on the list are iffy. Some will cut it, some will not. No idea who does/ doesn't....

5) No guarantees that anyone will reach their "potential"; but anyways, that's the top of our current list.

6) We need more top-end talent. Period. And that includes adding some key veterans if we are able to...

7) There are guys who are not on this list... Who are still prospects and could make it to the NHL... But just haven't popped yet.

Just my... 2 cents.

12 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

This is what I see as the current future of the Red Wings:

Age on 10/1/2023:      

Red Wings Future      
Simon Edvinsson LD 20 6' 6" 210
Mo Seider RD 22 6' 4" 204
William Wallinder LD 21 6' 4" 192
Shai Buium LD 20 6' 3" 210
Albert Johansson LD 22 6' 0" 165

Sebastian Cossa G 20 6' 6" 212
Ville Husso G 28 6' 3" 200

Dylan Larkin C 27 6' 1" 198
Lucas Raymond LW 21 5' 11" 176
Michael Rasmussen RW 24 6' 6" 212

Marco Kasper C 19 6' 1" 184

Some thoughts:

1) Larkin is on the list due to the contract and he has the speed/ talent to be effective, I believe, for the duration.

3) Other than those two... the future of this team is really highly dependent on the 19-24 age group.

4) The guys at the bottom, last two defenseman (Buium & Johansson) and 3rd lineman on the list are iffy. Some will cut it, some will not. No idea who does/ doesn't....

5) No guarantees that anyone will reach their "potential"; but anyways, that's the top of our current list.

6) We need more top-end talent. Period. And that includes adding some key veterans if we are able to...

7) There are guys who are not on this list... Who are still prospects and could make it to the NHL... But just haven't popped yet.

Just my... 2 cents.

at least its better than what you think the future of the tigers is.  🙂

16 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Sounds like a bidding war to me.

"Detroit has been seen as the logical landing spot for Alex DeBrincat by some — and Detroit was on his list of teams — but my sense of the situation Tuesday was the Red Wings didn’t feel they were that close on a deal with Ottawa. I know DeBrincat had Dallas as one of his preferred destinations, as well, and the Stars have had conversations with Ottawa about DeBrincat. But given the Stars’ cap situation, they would need to move money out somehow. It’s not likely the Stars can do it. They’re also still talking to pending UFA Max Domi.

As I reported last week, Sens GM Pierre Dorion is fine with a 2024 first-round pick, so he never viewed this week as the deadline for a DeBrincat trade. There’s still time.

But again keep in mind that whatever team wants to trade for DeBrincat, an accomplished goal scorer who’s only 25 years old, he’s going to cost $8.5 million to $9 million a year on an extension. Again, cap space is a problem right now almost everywhere. That’s partly why this trade hasn’t been that easy to pull off so far."

that's not a bidding war.  that's "there have been no bids that include a first round pick." 

Edited by buddha

41 minutes ago, buddha said:

btw, i really doubt all those guys make the wings.

That's why I put a lot of caveats on that list.

And really, looking at the top 2 lines... those aren't All-NHL lines... unless there's a whole lot of development or we have a hidden gem or two... that team looks really average/ bottom-type seedings in the playoffs level.

IMO.

Although maybe a depth build-up pushes us a notch or two higher, if that happens...?

25 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

I would add Antii Tuomisto to the list...RHD with size...grew into his frame playing in Europe this season.  A RHD candidate with for the 3rd pairing in 2024/25

I like Tuomisto...

But I think he had fallen off the radar quite a bit, even though I believe he's played a lot better this year back in Finland's Liiga. So I opted to include him in the general point #7 as a guy who could pop but we haven't seen enough of that yet.

I think he will pop and get back onto a Wings Top 10 Prospects list... but he'll need to do it in North America when he's back here again, I think, to grab that type of spot...

Just my 2 cents.

your top two picks this year should be a bedrock, hopefully.

from my uneducated eye, i am excited about wallinder, lombardi, and mazur.  lombardi is on a path to be a real steal, imo.

cossa is concerning because he's a goalie and goalie's are weird.  i wouldnt be stunned if they take one in round 2 if they keep all 3 picks.

buchelnikov is an unknown.  veleno is just a 4th line utility guy.  zadina is trade bait (hopefully) based on his draft position.  buium seems to have stalled.

i also like sebrango as an ollie maata type player.

13 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

This is what I see as the current future of the Red Wings:

Age on 10/1/2023:      

Red Wings Future      
Simon Edvinsson LD 20 6' 6" 210
Mo Seider RD 22 6' 4" 204
William Wallinder LD 21 6' 4" 192
Shai Buium LD 20 6' 3" 210
Albert Johansson LD 22 6' 0" 165

Sebastian Cossa G 20 6' 6" 212
Ville Husso G 28 6' 3" 200

Dylan Larkin C 27 6' 1" 198
Lucas Raymond LW 21 5' 11" 176
Michael Rasmussen RW 24 6' 6" 212

Marco Kasper C 19 6' 1" 184

Some thoughts:

Just my... 2 cents.

Really not much better than the Wings' organization in 2013 that prior to that year's draft had:

Howard 28

Helm 26

Abdelkader 25

Nyquist 23

B.Smith 23

Glendenning 23

Tatar 22

Dekeyser 22

Pulkinnen 21

Marchenko 21

Sheahan 21

Jurco 20

Mrazek 20

Athanasiou 19

XOuellet 19

Draft night they added:

Mantha 18

T Bertuzzi 18

13 hours ago, buddha said:

at least its better than what you think the future of the tigers is.  🙂

I felt better about the Tigers during the offseason heading into 2022 than I do right now about the Red Wings. Of course a lot could happen this summer. But with few moves or the wrong moves, the Wings could have a season like the 2022 Tigers and threaten to be a bottom 5 team. 

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

I felt better about the Tigers during the offseason heading into 2022 than I do right now about the Red Wings. Of course a lot could happen this summer. But with few moves or the wrong moves, the Wings could have a season like the 2022 Tigers and threaten to be a bottom 5 team. 

and goal tending is a huge quesiton mark.

16 hours ago, buddha said:

i'm not sure any of those trades - as well as the toffoli trade that just happened - impact the debrincat situation at all.  #17 and a zadina type should still be more than enough.

the kings are loaded with talent.  they can afford to give up those guys to get pld.  and winnipeg wants good players who can contribute now, the wings cant afford (and dont have) to give up those types of players and LA can because they are deeper and better.

that's the type of move the wings can make in two years when/if their young players start to develop, which is WHY YOU DONT SELL THE FARM FOR DEBRINCAT WHEN HE ONLY MAKES YOU A BORDERLINE 8TH SEED.

patience.  this was the worst organization in hockey just three years ago.  it takes time to dig out of ken holland's terrible drafts.

This is right about the Kings and PLD.  The depth of talent allows them to take a shot.   They now have possibly the best Center depth in the league with Kopitar, PLD, and Danault.   Add in Fiala, Kempe, and Arvidsson and that’s a strong top 6.  Quentin Byfield is still just 20 and only starting to scratch the surface of what his talent could become.  

One thing about PLD.   If you knowingly put a young star on a team coached by a John Torterella and it doesn’t go right, that’s on the team and the front office and not the player.   Torts is the absolute worst with young players and honestly shouldn’t be coaching anymore.  It’s sort of like when the game passed by Mike Keenan and his style no longer resonated with the next generation of player. 

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Really not much better than the Wings' organization in 2013 that prior to that year's draft had:

Howard 28

Helm 26

Abdelkader 25

Nyquist 23

B.Smith 23

Glendenning 23

Tatar 22

Dekeyser 22

Pulkinnen 21

Marchenko 21

Sheahan 21

Jurco 20

Mrazek 20

Athanasiou 19

XOuellet 19

Draft night they added:

Mantha 18

T Bertuzzi 18

i'm not sure you can say today's minors arent better because we haven't seen them fully develop yet.  🙂

but i do remember the wings having a "highly ranked" farm system at least coming into the mid 2010s.  then the bottom fell out with some surprising draft decisions (ras, cholowski over chychrun, svechnikov) that seemed to make draft analysts pause.

if you take an honest look at last year, they werent a good team and chairot really hurt them by making seider worse.  that said, if they have bertuzzi for the whole season and if vrana wasnt kicked off the team, they are likely fighting florida for the 8th spot down to the wire.

but that's the ceiling.  trading both of them (and hronek) was an admission by yzerman that it wasnt good enough and that its time to rebuild around seider/raymond with larkin as the long term captain/vet to hold it together.

coming up with enough depth to "roll four lines" like seattle or carolina is a good goal, but even seattle (beniers) and carolina (the good svechnikov) had high lottery picks we havent had.

these two first rounders are key.  they HAVE to hit.  and getting something out of the three second rounders needs to happen too.

but im a sucker, i still think mazur is brayden point 2.0.  🙂

Edited by buddha

I think our farm system is much stronger now than then just with the sheer talent comparison.  The only prospects I am comfortably projecting to play a decent amount of time in Detroit are:

Edvinsson

Kasper

Mazur

Soderblom

Otherwise I think it is a huge crapshoot.  I am interested to see how Wallinder does in the AHL next season and Lombardi is a wild card.  It is going to be an interesting couple of seasons of development for some of these guys making it to the AHL.

14 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Ugh Dorian just said they haven't gotten to the point where they've given any teams permission to speak to DeBrincat about a contract, SOMETHING HAPPEN PLEASE!

I'm being impatient as all get out. I've got my mind connected to the idea that the longer this drags out the less likely it is going to be that it we are the team that gets him. The longer it goes on the higher that asking price that Stevie won't want to pay. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!