Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

9 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It's included free with season tickets (or at least was the last two years I haven't heard about it yet this year), so I had it downloaded. It was good for streaming on my phone if that's all you're looking to do. If I was at a bar that didn't have the game I wanted on the TV, I would usually just stream it. Occasionally would do it from my desk too. It wouldn't let you play live games on the TV though.

If I wanted to actually sit at home and watch a game, I more often would find other ways to watch on my computer monitor or cast it to my TV.

I ended up buying NFL+, I think it should suit my needs. We had YouTubeTV for a while but they've priced themselves out of our budget. Cable TV has also gotten way over priced for what we actually watch, even with its basic package it's over $100 a month (including internet)( I keep seeing offers so we'll see). I don't trust relying on 5G where we are for staying stable for work purposes. And we're too far away from local TV towers to make antenna TV viable.

Dang you'd think I live in the middle of nowhere, We're right on the edge of one of the more popular tourists areas in the state

55 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Xfinity streaming wasn’t bad.  You have to call to cancel though.  Never again.

I use a DVR Xfinity box on my main TV and my other TVs stream Xfinity. It works...just OK. But it's time to cut the Xfinity cord, just too expensive. And they waive the early termination fee if you keep one of their services.

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

safe to say Raymond will be on the roster.  Which I’m in favor of. 

Im interested to see the terms before I pass judgement. But he’s probably WR4 on this team and I don’t think kick/punt returning is a position I value highly at all. Not to say he’s not good, he is, but both Gibbs and Jamo returned kicks in college, and you’re paying them anyway. Add onto that the way the NFL keeps devaluing special teams more and more, and I’m not sure I’ll be all aboard a two-year extension for the position.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Im interested to see the terms before I pass judgement. But he’s probably WR4 on this team and I don’t think kick/punt returning is a position I value highly at all. Not to say he’s not good, he is, but both Gibbs and Jamo returned kicks in college, and you’re paying them anyway. Add onto that the way the NFL keeps devaluing special teams more and more, and I’m not sure I’ll be all aboard a two-year extension for the position.

2 seasons with the lions, 95 catches, nearly 1200 yards and 4TDs. Plus he is extremely reliable with returns.  He is a really valuable asset. I can’t imagine the money will be an issue. He is just a quality guy to have on the roster.  

6 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

2 seasons with the lions, 95 catches, nearly 1200 yards and 4TDs. Plus he is extremely reliable with returns.  He is a really valuable asset. I can’t imagine the money will be an issue. He is just a quality guy to have on the roster.  

This is fair. It’s probably also fair to see him as WR3, not WR4. I mentally put Marvin Jones as WR3, replacing Chark, but they may well see Kalif taking on a bigger role.

I’ll wait to see the money to pass final judgement.

23 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It always scares the *** out of me when you have WR 1-3 return kicks. I am all for keeping them on the sideline unless on offense. I am good with this pending contract compensation.

• Like 1