Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

55 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The stars are aligning for us, it would only be fitting that a station like Nickelodeon broadcasts their first Super Bowl the year the biggest joke and laughing stock in the league makes their first Super Bowl too!

Can't wait until technical issues affect the CBS broadcast and bars nationwide turn to Nickelodeon.

• Haha 1

Retaining Ben Johnson was such a huge victory this offseason. The continuity that comes with bringing back a QB and OC that were cooking is priceless.

Add a legit TE and a playmaker like Gibbs, gonna be fun to watch this offense put up points. 

14 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Retaining Ben Johnson was such a huge victory this offseason. The continuity that comes with bringing back a QB and OC that were cooking is priceless.

Add a legit TE and a playmaker like Gibbs, gonna be fun to watch this offense put up points. 

That play in the last game is a great example. What appeared to be a wide receiver screen with Brown laterally the ball to our running back. An amazing play that even surprised the announcers. Drawn up and executed perfectly.

10 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Giving the Lions lots of love on NBC tonight. With higher expectations comes greater disappointment.

The hype train has gone way past the statin at this point. I watched the Inside the Den video that MICardinal shared here and man did I get jacked up to see these rookies on the field. I was sour on several of these picks when they happened on draft night, but after watching that, and having faith in this regime, I'm all about it now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Off topic but on ABC right now they're doing Celebrity Family Feud with current players vs. Hall of Famers and CJGJ and ARSB are on the current players team. BTW they've only played a couple games so far and Amon Ra is definitely better at catching footballs than playing Family Feud. lol

"Name a food that turns you on when seeing a women eat it"

Amon Ra - "chewing gum" 

"Name something that is hard for a man to admit they aren't good at"

Amon Ra - "reading" 

Edited by RandyMarsh

41 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Who do you think will be a surprise cut at training camp? I think Julian Okwara potentially ends up getting cut and won't be on the regular season roster.

That wouldn’t be a surprise.  He’s a bust pick from the old regime.   I expect Jonah Jackson will be the only player left from the 2020 draft on this roster.  

I’ll throw one surprise out.  Josh Reynolds.  

I don’t see anything shocking occurring at cuts (granted if I saw them coming they wouldn’t be shocking). Maybe the loser of the Glasgow/Big V competition, but I think they keep them on unless the loser asks for a trade/release.

Some familiar names I could see having a less than guaranteed roster spot though are both Okwaras, Iffy, Brock Wright, Levi Onwuzurike, Jerry Jacobs, and Will Harris. I’ll add Kalif Raymond and Josh Reynolds too, though I think they’re helped by JaMo’s suspension. I’m curious if Gibbs gets any reps this preseason at kick/punt return.

On 8/4/2023 at 9:25 AM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The hype train has gone way past the statin at this point. I watched the Inside the Den video that MICardinal shared here and man did I get jacked up to see these rookies on the field. I was sour on several of these picks when they happened on draft night, but after watching that, and having faith in this regime, I'm all about it now.

It's hard not to have faith in these guys. Watch the SI interview that Holmes, Campbell and Goff did, complete buy in from those guys and speaking with confidence. It might not work out in the end because nothing is guaranteed but these guys sure do have the right mindset. Now it's time to get some playoff wins, talk time is over.

There's zero chance that Jones or Reynolds get cut especially with Jamo out, I say that with full confidence.

I'll say Iffy. Some might not be surprised but he was a fairly high pick two years ago with all the traits you'd want in a player but he's lost in a numbers game with a much improved secondary so....him.

Edited by NYLion

On 8/3/2023 at 10:32 PM, Sports_Freak said:

Giving the Lions lots of love on NBC tonight. With higher expectations comes greater disappointment.

Just for a little cold water, remember last week the Athletic coach/GM survey ranked Goff as a Tier 3 QB.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by gehringer_2