Training Camp and Preseason Games

TP_Fan

1 hour ago, buddha said:

go get a serviceable vet (or a really serviceable vet like teddy).

when you draft Hooker you don't if you are going to land TB or an equivalent player.

Being 25 and having played longer/seen more than maybe some college QBs, maybe by Nov or Dec if rehab goes well he could be a better backup option that Sudfeld. Maybe not, maybe probably not, but it's another possibility you can add to your contingency coverage.

When you are a bad football team, you don't really have to worry about covering contingencies in depth because winning 6 vs winning 3 doesn't matter all that much. The better your team, the more important to cover as many possibilities as many ways as possible because every game will matter more. Even with the injury Hooker might still be more viable than a Sudfeld sooner than anything they could have done with that little draft cost. Given that this Lions team has ambitions, it shouldn't be either/or anymore, but either/and. So you are able to pick up TB and now you have a lot more leeway. win/win.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You don't think the fact that he was a system QB in a very specific, spread offensive scheme is at all an issue? The offense that Tennessee ran last year will likely translate very little to the NFL schemes. Tennessee lines their receivers out way wide to the sidelines on many plays. I think Hooker is a very talented QB, but I think the scheme he ran helped him out a lot too.

sure.  if there werent questions he wouldnt have lasted until round 3.  but there is enough upside there to take him at that point in the draft.

Teddy to me is the perfect backup QB, if God forbid Goff goes down in week 1 and we have to use him for 16 weeks is he going to save us? No probably not but that's unrealistic of any back up QB, a great backup QB is one that will prevent you from free falling if your QB goes out early in a game or has to miss a month or so and I think Teddy is that guy.

If Goff were to sprain an ankle or something and miss 5 games I think Teddy may help us go 2-3 or 3-2 and right the ship where as somebody like Sudfield we may go winless and in turn totally send the season into a tailspin. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Teddy to me is the perfect backup QB, if God forbid Goff goes down in week 1 and we have to use him for 16 weeks is he going to save us? No probably not but that's unrealistic of any back up QB, a great backup QB is one that will prevent you from free falling if your QB goes out early in a game or has to miss a month or so and I think Teddy is that guy.

If Goff were to sprain an ankle or something and miss 5 games I think Teddy may help us go 2-3 or 3-2 and right the ship where as somebody like Sudfield we may go winless and in turn totally send the season into a tailspin. 

Ben Johnson would work up a winning game plan for Teddy. I'm sure of it.

The debate is a completely pointless exercise. There is no game scenario where these two just battle it out one-on-one, KT moving towards a non-existent target and Sewell just pushing him back, while everyone else stands and stares.

I’m sure that the exercise is a good workout for each of them (or they wouldn’t be doing it), but it is not designed to really have a ‘winner’ or ‘loser’, unless someone gets knocked on their ass of course.

………..but yeah, Sewell won.

I didn't see until just now that Logan Stenberg was waived. Didn't even make it to roster cuts. Another Quinn failure. He stumbled into Jonah Jackson or that entire 2020 draft would have been a complete and total waste.

By my count the only Quinn draft remnants who have been here since the regime change are Decker, Ragnow, Jackson, Walker, Harris, and J. Okwara... Glasgow and Reeves-Maybin were both drafted but left and came back. And I wouldn't be surprised if Harris and Okwara get cut before September.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

3 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

A bit off topic, but has anyone had any experience with NFL+ and or Premium? Is it good for streaming out of market games. I'm assuming it's similar to the MLB app for watching games.

I just don't want to pay for Youtube TV plus the NFL package if I don't have to.

It's included free with season tickets (or at least was the last two years I haven't heard about it yet this year), so I had it downloaded. It was good for streaming on my phone if that's all you're looking to do. If I was at a bar that didn't have the game I wanted on the TV, I would usually just stream it. Occasionally would do it from my desk too. It wouldn't let you play live games on the TV though.

If I wanted to actually sit at home and watch a game, I more often would find other ways to watch on my computer monitor or cast it to my TV.

Edited by MichiganCardinal