07/27/2023 TBD Los Angeles Angels vs Detroit Tigers (Game 2 of Doubleheader)

casimir

The boys in the booth mentioned Hal Newhouser having his numbered retired in history today. Found this little tid bit I didn’t know. 

After his retirement from baseball, Newhouser stepped away from the sport for 20 years, serving as a bank vice president. He later worked as a scout for several MLB teams, including the Houston Astros. Angered when they rebuffed his recommendation to draft future Hall of Famer Derek Jeter in favor of Phil Nevin, he quit shortly after.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Been some rough days this year (although not as many as I expected), but this one was likely the worst. Not really competitive in either game. 

It would be best for this team's future morale if somehow, some way, Harris could get Harvy the f*ck outta here.  He actually seems like a good dude personally, but with him supposedely being paid/brought in to be the allegede "leader" of this team....well, it's not workable given his play.

Edited by Dtrain72

1 minute ago, Toddwert said:

Season is wearing on them I think 

Thankfully they are on the road for the next couple series. Tigers are more competitive away from Comerica. 24-27 on the road (-27 run differential); 22-30 at home (-70 run differential). Probably just statistical noise. Notice Tork much better on the road (765 OPS and 11 HRs) than at home (670 OPS and 4 HRs). 

9 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

It would be best for this team's future morale if somehow, some way, Harris could get Harvy the f*ck outta here.  He actually seems like a good dude personally, but with him supposedely being paid/brought in to be the allegede "leader" of this team....well, it's not workable given his play.

Especially when your whole strategy is control the strike zone and your young players watch the human windmill at the plate. Do as I say, not as I do.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

If he reads your post, he'll be licking his chops and counting down the time until he is eligible for free agency

My dachshund likes to eat the cat's food.  We have to close the basement door to keep her from sneaking down to do that.  Maybe we should try something like that with Tork?

win three of four against the royals: "we should totally be buyers, we are so ready to compete in this weak division".

lose a couple to the angels: "we are in a dystopian hellscape of despair and will never win another game."

you guys are the best.