RIP Jim Price

oblong

I knew this news could come any day. It still hits hard. When I read the news I couldn’t even tell my wife. When I finally gave it a try I did what I was afraid I would do, I choked up and couldn’t finish my sentence. 

Jim was a good man with a good heart. RIP Mr. Price.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nice man with a million stories, some he could never tell on the air.   

I just talked it about it on the air in Ann Arbor.   I ended my break with "Jim Price was from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.......nice area".    I think most people would take that as a tribute and not a joke.  

Good job.

The nicest man I have ever met. I've shared the story many times around these parts but at the 2006 ALDS game (Bonderman game), Philpott and I were hanging down near the batting cage behind the net. He came over and just chatted with us for a good ten minutes.  He was just incredibly happy to engage with us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

The nicest man I have ever met. I've shared the story many times around these parts but at the 2006 ALDS game (Bonderman game), Philpott and I were hanging down near the batting cage behind the net. He came over and just chatted with us for a good ten minutes.  He was just incredibly happy to engage with us.

This is cool.  Philpott shared the same story in our cyber baseball league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

I was going to mention this, too. great continuity.

Dirks mentioned the running gag that the dozen duo had over the jersey numerals on the broadcast last night.  Paraphrasing a bit but:

Price: "That number still has some hits left in it.  I saved some for you".

Dirks: "I can't believe they're letting me wear it.  It should've been retired by now."

Price: "You know, that's a pretty good point.  I gotta talk to somebody about that."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, casimir said:

Dirks mentioned the running gag that the dozen duo had over the jersey numerals on the broadcast last night.  Paraphrasing a bit but:

Price: "That number still has some hits left in it.  I saved some for you".

Dirks: "I can't believe they're letting me wear it.  It should've been retired by now."

Price: "You know, that's a pretty good point.  I gotta talk to somebody about that."

that was great. I wasn't able to watch the game live, but I played the whole thing back later just to hear Jim stories.

Late to dropping a comment, but Jimmie wasn't always the best color guy, but I grew to appreciate him more toward the end..... he had been there basically every step of the way in terms of my fanhood. 

He'll be missed greatly.

Edited by mtutiger