2021 NCAA Football Thread

casimir

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Anyone who thinks Harbaugh can beat this Ohio State team needs to check their mental health. If they put up 35 on MSU at this point in the game they'd put up at least 50 on Harbaugh.

I have illusions about defeating OSU, but Michigan's D does match up better against them. Like Buddha said from the beginning of the season, neither UM or MSU are actually very good teams. With a  little scheduling luck you really don't need to do much to get to 8-1 in the B10,

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Anyone who thinks Harbaugh can beat this Ohio State team needs to check their mental health. If they put up 35 on MSU at this point in the game they'd put up at least 50 on Harbaugh.

I won't disagree with the first point, this Ohio State team likely wins the National Championship. I will say that Michigan likely matches up better than MSU with Ohio State generally though, given Michigan's ability to generate pressure on the QB.

So it'd be like 28-0 instead of 35. 😉

Penn State played OSU tough and Nebraska was within a TD in the 4th quarter, so even though they look super impressive in this game it's not like they have manhandled everybody. If Ojabo and Aiden can get pressure and force Stroud out of his comfort zone Michigan could potentially slow them down somewhat.  

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

I won't disagree with the first point, this Ohio State team likely wins the National Championship. I will say that Michigan likely matches up better than MSU with Ohio State generally though, given Michigan's ability to generate pressure on the QB.

So it'd be like 28-0 instead of 35. 😉

LOL! 28 or 35, I just want a big enough blow out that it gets Harbaugh out of here.

• Haha 1

michigan state is a fraud.  they have the worst pass defense in the COUNTRY.  not just the big ten.  theyve survived on luck so far.  they should have lost to michigan.

there no way an ohio state team taking them seriously was going to lose to them

and yes, this is a preview for next week but michigan is better than michigan state and is at home so it might be a little closer, but it will still be a blowout.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

they should have lost to michigan.

yeah - 20-20 hindsight is easy but if Harbaugh leaves McCarthy in his seat and lets Cade throw a little more it would probably have been the margin.

If MSU doesn't put up some more of a fight before this one is over, next week might turn into a trap game for OSU though.....

Edited by gehringer_2