Week Two: Seattle Seahawks (0-1) @ Detroit Lions (1-0)

MichiganCardinal

4 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Decker injured. Not a surprise. 

He played nearly three quarters on that ankle, which is damn impressive. If he misses a few weeks, wonder if they slide Penei to the left and have Nelson play RT. Nelson did not impress in the preseason, but I'm sure he will do better next to Vaitai and Ragnow as compared to players not on the team anymore.

17 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

He played nearly three quarters on that ankle, which is damn impressive. If he misses a few weeks, wonder if they slide Penei to the left and have Nelson play RT. Nelson did not impress in the preseason, but I'm sure he will do better next to Vaitai and Ragnow as compared to players not on the team anymore.

I would slide Penei over. Makes the most sense.  Seems like this isnt really serious for Decker. Which is good news. 

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

For sure cooked. Play greene. More Gibbs. Less ref cheating.  And force punts. 

I see no reason why Gibbs snap count shouldn't increase by the week, while Jones decreases. Gibbs should be getting time out wide and in the slot on certain play designs as well. He's the RB version of Deboo Samuel. That is to say, a RB who will occasionally be schemed as a WR, like Deboo is a WR who will occasionally be schemed as a RB.

59 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I see no reason why Gibbs snap count shouldn't increase by the week, while Jones decreases. Gibbs should be getting time out wide and in the slot on certain play designs as well. He's the RB version of Deboo Samuel. That is to say, a RB who will occasionally be schemed as a WR, like Deboo is a WR who will occasionally be schemed as a RB.

Or like Fields, who's occasionally schemed as a QB.

• Haha 3

On 9/11/2023 at 3:15 PM, number20 said:

Note to Leos: don't lay an egg next week. Has that classic trap game feel to it

I don't see how it's a trap game. It's their home opener and it's not like they're playing a real contender in Week 3. Maybe they get a little full of themselves after beating KC and take Seattle lightly because they lost last week but I don't think that'll be an issue with this group.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I remember Brown in the backfield last year taking handoffs.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I remember Brown in the backfield last year taking handoffs.

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Nelson hasn’t played well in a few years.   He’s going to need to step up his game.   Next man up. 

I don't know what the outcome is going to be for this game but one thing I am pretty confident in is that I don't think the Lions are going to be looking past Seattle or anything like that. If they do end up losing or even worse laying an egg and getting blown out I'm sure some people and the media will say things like that but I don't think that will have been the reason why. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't know what the outcome is going to be for this game but one thing I am pretty confident in is that I don't think the Lions are going to be looking past Seattle or anything like that. If they do end up losing or even worse laying an egg and getting blown out I'm sure some people and the media will say things like that but I don't think that will have been the reason why. 

Don’t worry.   This game is going to be a complete asshanding

Lions 38

Seahawks 20 (10 points scored in garbage time) 

• Like 1

I saw just saw a thing on twitter that said that CJGJ asked Lions fans to wear blue ski masks to the game the other day and apparently amazon has now sold out of them so it should definitely be a crazy environment. Also we are getting Fox's number 1 broadcast team with Burkhaldt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews and Tom Rinaldi. 

55 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw just saw a thing on twitter that said that CJGJ asked Lions fans to wear blue ski masks to the game the other day and apparently amazon has now sold out of them so it should definitely be a crazy environment. Also we are getting Fox's number 1 broadcast team with Burkhaldt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews and Tom Rinaldi. 

IMG_1462.jpeg

21 hours ago, NYLion said:

I don't see how it's a trap game. It's their home opener and it's not like they're playing a real contender in Week 3. Maybe they get a little full of themselves after beating KC and take Seattle lightly because they lost last week but I don't think that'll be an issue with this group.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm leaning more your way on this NY but even though the Lions have better coaching than in years past, this is still a young team. I can see the lack of experience and maturity biting them in a situation like this, that’s all

21 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Must be a national game across the country? The Lions are all the rage...all of a sudden, there are many more Twitter Lions fans. 😊

21 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

We just need to educate the crowd though. It always drives me crazy when somebody would start a "Let's Go Lions" chant when we are on offense and the offensive players would have to quiet the crowd.

It's not that hard - NOISE on defense, QUIET on offense.

They tell them when to cheer now on the scoreboard. 🤣🤣