2023 MLB Playoffs

Toddwert

This from Tuesday’s game at The Trop:

Here's some perspective on today's attendance of 19,704 at the Trop: according to @Stathead, it's the lowest (non-Covid year) attendance for a postseason game in 104 years. Last one below 19,704 was Game 7 of the infamous 1919 World Series in Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, MIguy said:

Vlad Jr getting picked off at second to end the inning has the be one of the most boneheaded plays in playoff history.  

I should have added that there was also a runner on third, making it even more stupid.   

Edited by MIguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow...I just noticed Game 7 of The World Series is set for November 4th. It's not good baseball in frigid weather.

My son was born on November 4 in 2003 and it was 74 degrees.  I also remember having his family  birthday party outside in 2020 because of COVID because it was in the 70s. 

8 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow...I just noticed Game 7 of The World Series is set for November 4th. It's not good baseball in frigid weather.

Luckily there is only Minny and Philly left where the cold weather could possibly be a factor. Maybe Baltimore too but that would take an unseasonably cool day since their evenings in early November are still generally in the 50s at worst. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oblong said:

My son was born on November 4 in 2003 and it was 74 degrees.  I also remember having his family  birthday party outside in 2020 because of COVID because it was in the 70s. 

Yeah. I remember one year it was 60⁰ on Christmas. But I also remember freezing my butt off during a playoff game in 2006. It even may be played in L.A. But my point is its not played the same in Eastern cities as lt is all summer when it's in the 80⁰ range.

And...if it comes down to a game 7, I'm sure first pitch will be at 8:30 or so. Thank goodness for the pitch clock!

8 hours ago, oblong said:

The night Obama won in 2008 he had a victory rally in Grant Park and I rode my bike down there at 10 at night because it was well over 70 degrees. We don’t get that on March 20-whatever.

19 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The pickoff play was communicated thru PitchCom. Great timing

OK, so, how is it OK for teams to use technology so someone perhaps not on the field of play can relay instructions to players, but it is not OK to use technology so someone not on the field of play can steal signs from center field and relay instructions to players?