Dem implosion

ewsieg

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Texas, Georgia and just about every state with a Republican governor has signed into law voter suppression laws. Michigan has a voter suppression bill ready to go. They just need a Republican governor to sign it. Your naivety is shocking. We have seen Republicans across the country work to suppress the vote. Even in Montana a state that Trump won by double digits.  

Election security is not voter suppresion. Nobody is being told they can't vote and polls are open longer. Its funny the democrats talk about wanting to save democracy but nothing will destroy it faster than elections with no integrity.

Democrats want 100% mail in ballots, with no controls in place to know who voted or how many times they voted. They managed to get the worst two candidates to the WH elected by that system so they want to continue it.

The democrats say election laws are racist because people of color don't have ID, can't afford ID or don't know how to get an ID. What's bad is democrats actually think so little of people of color. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Election security is not voter suppresion. Nobody is being told they can't vote and polls are open longer. Its funny the democrats talk about wanting to save democracy but nothing will destroy it faster than elections with no integrity.

Democrats want 100% mail in ballots, with no controls in place to know who voted or how many times they voted. They managed to get the worst two candidates to the WH elected by that system so they want to continue it.

The democrats say election laws are racist because people of color don't have ID, can't afford ID or don't know how to get an ID. What's bad is democrats actually think so little of people of color. 

This is one steaming pile of horse shit.  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Archie said:

They managed to get the worst two candidates to the WH elected by that system so they want to continue it.

You realize that the Democratic ticket managed to win two states entirely controlled by Republicans right?

Its almost like they won because, and hear me out on this one, enough people in enough states preferred them over the other guy. Ever consider that?

Edited by mtutiger

4 hours ago, Archie said:

mam this is a wendys

22 hours ago, Archie said:

It has nothing to do with election security.  If having mail-in ballots and not having photo IDs favored Republicans, we wouldn't hear a peep out of Republicans about election security.  In that case, we would hear Democrats talking about election security!

Just now, Tiger337 said:

It has nothing to do with election security.  If having mail-in ballots and not having photo IDs favored Republicans, we wouldn't hear a peep out of Republicans about election security.  In that case, we would hear Democrats talking about election security!

And it only favored dems because so many of them couldn’t wait to vote out Trump

7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Mail in voting always favored Republicans until 2020. Democrats never talked about election security in the same Republicans did. This isn't a both sides thing. 

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Mail in voting always favored Republicans because more seniors and military used. The pandemic in 2020 caused more younger people and minorities to use it and suddenly it was a problem. 

It would be a poor political move if they spoke out against veterans and elderly doing mail-in voting.  However, If mass e-mail voting favored Republicans, you can bet that the Democrats would have complained about it.  They probably wouldn't have had a nut job president pushing conspiracy theories and encouraging them to storm the capital, but they would have complained about election security.  

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It would be a poor political move if they spoke out against veterans and elderly doing mail-in voting.  However, If mass e-mail voting favored Republicans, you can bet that the Democrats would have complained about it.  They probably wouldn't have had a nut job president pushing conspiracy theories and encouraging them to storm the capital, but they would have complained about election security.  

I suppose but Democrats in Michigan at least made mail in voting easier before the pandemic hit. There is no both sides to this.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

so it's both sides because one side did complain and the other "would have" and actually didn't when the coin was literally on the other side (mail in favored GOP)?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

It would be a poor political move if they spoke out against veterans and elderly doing mail-in voting.  However, If mass e-mail voting favored Republicans, you can bet that the Democrats would have complained about it.  

The reality is that the state that perfected and mainstreamed the concept of mass mail-in voting was Florida. Which has had Republican Governors in charge since I was 2. And it has been widely used in a lot of western, R-led states like Utah, Idaho and Arizona for years as well.

And while I dont know that Dems previously complained or not when they weren't as nimble at turning out voters for mail-in ballots, the reality is that that form of voting only became a bogeyman for Rs when Donald Trump made it a bogeyman for Rs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The reality is that the state that perfected and mainstreamed the concept of mass mail-in voting was Florida. Which has had Republican Governors in charge since I was 2. And it has been widely used in a lot of western, R-led states like Utah, Idaho and Arizona for years as well.

And while I dont know that Dems previously complained or not when they weren't as nimble at turning out voters for mail-in ballots, the reality is that that form of voting only became a bogeyman for Rs when Donald Trump made it a bogeyman for Rs.

I was not aware of this.  I had always thought that mail-in votes were limited to special cases like elderly and military.  

Edited by Tiger337

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I was not aware of this.  I had always thought that mail-in votes were limited to special cases like elderly and veterans.  

pretty wide variation by state. At one end, in MI back in the day you did to have swear out an affidavit that you couldn't be there in person to get an absentee, whereas when we were in MN, starting about a month before the election you could just walk into a municipal office and pick up an absentee or early vote on the spot, no questions asked.

6 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The latest expansion of mail in ballots were proposed and passed by Republican legislators in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan pre COVID. It only became an issue because TFG suddenly decided he hated it.

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

In Michigan I think it was prop 2 on the 2016 ballot that gave us no excuse absentee voting.  

My recollection is generally poor but I thought it was an off year so I cheated and looked it up: Prop3 - 2018.

https://ballotpedia.org/Michigan_Proposal_3,_Voting_Policies_in_State_Constitution_Initiative_(2018)

Edited by gehringer_2