Week Sixteen: Detroit Lions (10-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (7-7)

MichiganCardinal

Lots could have been cleaned up in that game, but a division clinching win is  a division clinching win. 

Would it have even been a game at all if Branch had wrapped up that INT on Minnesota’s first drive? But then JJ put the Vikes on his back. Even he couldn’t overcome four picks from St. Nick. 

The game was moving at such a frenzied pace at that point I didn't want to stop to make the post but I don't get why the booth didn't take a look at the spot on that Jefferson catch? I know the yellow line isn't official but the side judge clearly marked it a half yard short of that initially. Not to mention the fact he went to the ground with the ball, I never did see a replay that even showed if he truly caught the ball or not. 

• Like 1

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

The game was moving at such a frenzied pace at that point I didn't want to stop to make the post but I don't get why the booth didn't take a look at the spot on that Jefferson catch? I know the yellow line isn't official but the side judge clearly marked it a half yard short of that initially. Not to mention the fact he went to the ground with the ball, I never did see a replay that even showed if he truly caught the ball or not. 

Yeah I thought he was short as well. I was hoping Mullens ran up to spike it because I thought it was 4th down. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Three years ago this team started 0-10-1. 

Just last year they started 1-6. They went from 4-17-1 to start the Campbell era to going 19-6 and a division title just a year later like the flip of a switch. It has to be one of the more remarkable turnarounds in league history, literally turned from losers to winners on a dime although I think most of us knew that they were better than a 1-6 team last season as there was a lot of close losses mixed in there.

Edited by NYLion

I knew Sheila was different from the moment they conducted their coaching and GM search. The fact she brought in guys like Spielman and others to make sure they made the right choice was different than previous owners. 

One of her early interviews always stuck out to me as well, it was with one of the radio guys but she talked about being really competitive and cited being a really good softball and soccer player and how important winning always has been to her. She didn't come across as somebody that was gonna put up with long term mediocrity, and she showed that by basically giving Quinntricia the playoff ultimatum. You could argue if she should have done that or not but it atleast showed that she wasn't going to settle for mediocrity. 

Also I always think back to that 2021 draft where she was asking Campbell and Holmes about the need for WR and they pointed to their board(presumably to St. Brown) and told her that they have their eye on him and think they could get him later. I just like the fact that she was knowledgeable or assertive enough to point out a clear need but at the same time didn't over step her boundaries and instead just let the pros do their job. 

Edited by RandyMarsh