NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

stafford was fine in that press conference.  people are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

also, other than that ridiculously obvious offsides call that probably cost the lions 3 points, the refs really helped the lions.  they had a pass interference call on the last play (a d a few other ones too), a borderline roughing call on hutch/mcneill they didnt call, and a potential unnecessary roughness call on kirby when he took out higbee's knees.  

i talk a lot about the refs ****ing the lions, but they really helped them last night.  the benefits of playing at home against a non-marquee team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I saw someone comment on Twitter that the game was going too fast for the broadcast, which was making them do more of the dreaded score, *TV timeout*, touchback, *TV timeout* sequence

yeah with all the post game stuff the broadcast was overby way before 11:30

14 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Another future HOF who potentially has a bad taste in his mouth.  Time heals a lot of wounds, though Barry and Calvin’s issues were directed at the org, and not the fan base. I hate that Stafford was made to be the villain—while he should not have been celebrated, he also should not have been booed.  No one could question his passion and effort to win while with the Lions.

I just hope that when his career ends, he is revered as a Lions great, and he embraces the team and fans.

He can always come back and open a pot franchise i hear.

30 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Still flying high this morning. I thought for sure that off sides penalty was going to haunt us in the second half. I mean, why the F do the refs not get that right? Buzz down to the field to review? It is the PLAYOFFS get that sheet right!

Exactly. There's really no excuse. It's the only game going on and getting the calls right is the only job officials have.

18 minutes ago, buddha said:

stafford was fine in that press conference.  people are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

also, other than that ridiculously obvious offsides call that probably cost the lions 3 points, the refs really helped the lions.  they had a pass interference call on the last play (a d a few other ones too), a borderline roughing call on hutch/mcneill they didnt call, and a potential unnecessary roughness call on kirby when he took out higbee's knees.  

i talk a lot about the refs ****ing the lions, but they really helped them last night.  the benefits of playing at home against a non-marquee team.

When has there ever been an unnecessary roughing call on the type of play Kerby made?  And look, I think it’s a dangerous play, if memory serves, that’s the same hit and player than blew up hockensons knee. They tell them they can’t hit high, so now they go low.  I’ve just never seen a hit to the knee called for roughing. 

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I thought McVay’s post-game words about Goff were very gracious. 

I think McVay has eaten his humble pie about the whole situation. Winning his Super Bowl certainly helped.

Harder for Stafford to be gracious coming off the field in obvious pain after a brutal season-ending loss. Next year when he comes to Detroit for the regular season he will likely be applauded loudly and appreciated for what he did while he was here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

If the Lions play the Eagles next, will we be required to cheer for Slay and Swift?

And the Lions will be obligated to play a video montage of Slay and Swift highlights on the big scoreboard, set to Green Day's "time of your life" song.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Stafford addresses the booing here at the 35 second mark with a perfectly acceptable, chill answer.

I think he's just pissed he lost, in a lot of pain, and wants to get through this interview as quickly as possible so he can get to an ice bath and a bed. I really don't think he was dismissing the fans. He's been around the game long enough to understand that it's not personal. Kelly on the other hand........... well, she has been silent on social media so far.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The whole thing is sort of garbage. it's massively poor taste to grill a guy with questions like that after he's just lost a game that was important to him. Just as bad as the questions they kept at Goff with about LA. 

Totally agree. Give him time to process the loss and I'm sure the answer will be much better.