NFC Super Wildcard Weekend: Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

10 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Conversely...

I ate two migraine pills (acetaminophen, aspirin & CAFFEINE!!!) a few hours ago for a sore neck and inhaled a few glasses of Dr. Pepper during the game...

So...

I'm going to sleep very well tonight too!!!

After Monday I thought I wouldn't be able to get up in the morning because I was absorbing all the content of the Michigan natty win.  Well, I woke up like only 20 minutes later than I normally would with a jolt because my subconscious mind realized I could enjoy MORE content from that win. 

Aside from this being the Lions first playoff win since 1991 this is the first playoff win by a Detroit sports team since April of 2016 when the Red Wings won a game against the Lightning, this is the first time a Detroit sports team advanced in the playoffs since 2013 when the Tigers beat the A's in the ALDS. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

If the Packers are good enough to win on the road against Dallas and San Francisco, I probably don't want to face them. 

Focus on next…Phil or TB. With that…I’d be very surprised if GB makes SF look like Dallas did.

7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

everything from now on is gravy to me.  

A loss next week would be sad. I'm expecting more from this team than 1 playoff win, which hasn't changed after this past weekend. 

A win next week would be gravy. And everything after that.

But go all the way to the Super Bowl and it's not just gravy... it's icing on the cake!

😉

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

A loss next week would be sad. I'm expecting more from this team than 1 playoff win, which hasn't changed after this past weekend. 

A win next week would be gravy. And everything after that.

But go all the way to the Super Bowl and it's not just gravy... it's icing on the cake!

😉

The temperature in Hell, Michigan right now is -4.    Hell HAS frozen over.     I think the Lions can beat any team in the NFC.  That home crowd is going to be even louder next week.     

And the Lions haven't even peaked yet.  That's coming next year or the year after.    But, hey, who cares about next year.  How about next week?    

I don't know what to do with my hands. 

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

...  And the Lions haven't even peaked yet...

I don't want to look at this team as a peak. Or soon to reach a peak.

I prefer looking at this team as riding waves. 

We may be able to get to the top of a wave. Sometimes we might be surfing that wave. Sometimes we may hit the bottom of that swell, but get right back to the top of that wave, or the next wave... within seconds. Waves move quick in the ocean.

Longevity, or sustainability... will depend on Holmes.

As long as he can keep pulling in good players for Dan Campbell to coach up into winners... we could have some of that elusive sustainability. A Belichick-type 25-year run would work for me.

I look at the past 65 years as one long valley. With the team only a few times even getting up to a single foothill.

I don't want to try to get to a peak and then fall into another long, deep, valley.

I want this team to surf waves.

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Wish they could've given a game ball to that 90 year old fan that they showed in the stands who had season tickets for like 60 some years. That would've been awesome!

10 hours later its stil dusty at my house

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't know........we've talked about "Playoff Dak"........"Playoff Lamar" hasn't been great, he needs to shake some demons too.   Baltimore can be beaten.  

Houston is kinda the Green Bay of the AFC at the moment.... not sure anyone wants to face them with CJ Stroud back

10 hours ago, holygoat said:

Who had Lions win 1st playoff game in 30 years on a Badgley 54-yd FG on their bingo card?

Things more likely to happen:

• Trump declares he was wrong about everything.
  • Aliens invade
  • Disney stops suing people for copyright infringement
  • I stop eating junk food.