2024 NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions (14-5) @ San Francisco 49ers (13-5)

25 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

To me wind is the biggest difference, that and playing on natural grass vs. field turf. 

I love Goff but even as a staunch supporter I will admit that he doesn't throw the tightest spiral, that comes into play more in windy conditions. 

That is a good point. In the Baltimore game he threw some ugly passes, just looked it up and it was a 16 mph wind in that game.

I like to read other forums and there is a great thread going in the Cowboys forum about how the Lions are ahead of the Cowboys. The consensus is the Lions draft better. The counter argument is that the Lions miss on picks too, look at the Tavai and Okudah picks! Poor guys. 

Here is my seat for Sunday. 9th row of the 200 level, endzone. $650 + $100 taxes and fees = $750 all-in. Not cheap, but acceptable, and works out to about $15 per year amortized over the 50 or so years I’ve been watching crappy Lions football, lol. 

12B3607A-1520-4A6F-A844-C8AB96A56262.jpeg

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, buddha said:

i dont think either qb was helped by the rain.  there were some slips by the defense but also some uncharacteristic drops from receivers from wet footballs.

brock purdy looked awful until the last drive.

if deebo is healthy, i expect a "mike evans" type of game from him against cam sutton.  i hope he's not healthy.  and mccaffery against our linebackers isnt to our advantage either.

san fran hasnt been that great at stopping the run (although jones only got 3 yards a carry if you take out his one big play last week) so that's an edge for the lions.  and san fran's secondary looked vulnerable.

pray for the clock to continue past midnight for purdy and for a less than 100% deebo.  hope for gibbs to bust some big runs and not so many carries for montgomery.

Chris Simms talked about Green Bay’s success in taking away the intermediate passing game that Shanahan has used to allow Purdy to rack up big numbers with YAC. Said he suspects AG will do something similar. The key question is whether Detroit can pressure Purdy into a few turnovers. 

I was glad Detroit went away from Montgomery yesterday. Vita Vea is a mountain and hard to run against. I like his odds better against SF. 

Funny when I was watching the Eagles last week I was thinking about the whereabouts of Ertz when I saw a couple different TEs for the Eagles. Was about to Google whether he was in the league or not but then I got sidetracked. Anyway a week later and here he is playing for the Lions. 

2 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Chris Simms talked about Green Bay’s success in taking away the intermediate passing game that Shanahan has used to allow Purdy to rack up big numbers with YAC. Said he suspects AG will do something similar. The key question is whether Detroit can pressure Purdy into a few turnovers. 

I was glad Detroit went away from Montgomery yesterday. Vita Vea is a mountain and hard to run against. I like his odds better against SF. 

The Lions had success running Gibbs outside. They went away from it for a few drives. Even Chris Collinsworth was questioning why.

19 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Lions had success running Gibbs outside. They went away from it for a few drives. Even Chris Collinsworth was questioning why.

As I recall, Detroit started by featuring Montgomery into Mount Vea. That didn’t work so in the second half they spent more time attacking the edges with Gibbs. This also lets the team lean on Sewell’s athleticism. But clearly the Gibbs TD run broke the game open. Only a handful of RBs in the NFL are capable of scoring on that play. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I picked up tickets to the watch party at Ford Field. Hoping for a party and not a funeral.

FAITH IN THE PARTY! Not entertaining funeral regardless of outcome. Celebration of Life? 😉

• Like 1