2024 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Watching a news story on upgrades to Comerica Park.

The new board.... the resolution portion is key.  But other than that I don't really care. Just a way for them to increase their advertising options.

New TV's throughout.  I like that one.  A lot of them were old tube TV's that didn't function anymore.

Sound system.  Long overdue.  Sometimes I couldn't even hear the PA announcer.  I would hear words but the speakers near us were broken.

New sensory room.  This is a big deal for a small number of people and kudos for the Tigers for joining in other venues in doing this.  I have a son that could utilize it.  Today's scene at games and ballparks can be overloading for people with sensory issues.  It's a real thing. 

I'd like to see them paint some of the walls away from that light blue/green color.  It looks like some government operation with steal desks and uncomfortable chairs.  Like a social security office.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oblong said:

Sound system.  Long overdue.  Sometimes I couldn't even hear the PA announcer.  I would hear words but the speakers near us were broken.

That was an issue for years at Wrigley, and then when they updated the speaker system (which they ballyhooed all that winter), it was hardly any improvement at all. We're guessing that the natural acoustics attendant to the configuration of the second deck, with its posts and a roof with a mish-mash of exposed girders underneath, defeats any attempts to improve aural intelligibility.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That was an issue for years at Wrigley, and then when they updated the speaker system (which they ballyhooed all that winter), it was hardly any improvement at all. We're guessing that the natural acoustics attendant to the configuration of the second deck, with its posts and a roof with a mish-mash of exposed girders underneath, defeats any attempts to improve aural intelligibility.

In our case you could tell it was just broken speakers.  For a long time we had no issues then suddenly we couldn't hear. 

odd. if they has called Keith up for a day in September, adding him to 40 and 26 man rosters, he would be eligible to create PPI pick.

I am more annoyed that Meadows, who has an puncher's shot at ROY, would not create PPI pick because he was not on some media persons list.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’ve been hanging out in different iterations of this place for 20 years. Thank you everyone — especially Scoot — for making it possible and delightful. 

Bert, you have supplied more than enough of that delight to throw thanks right back at ya'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’ve been hanging out in different iterations of this place for 20 years. Thank you everyone — especially Scoot — for making it possible and delightful. 

I'm at 19 years. I joined the original MTS in 2005.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Indeed, but TBF to Petzold, the headline may not be his

Right, although this post was not at all intended as a criticism of Petzold or anyone else. I just found it amusing that it was headlined in such a matter-of-fact manner. You know, “Here goes Tarik Skubal starting his inevitable Cy Young season!” I think that’s great! 💀

Edited by chasfh

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Right, although this post was not at all intended as a criticism of Petzold or anyone else. I just found it amusing that it was headlined in such a matter-of-fact manner. 

Spring baseball journalism - where all the skies are blue and Roses bloom without thorns! 

Edited by gehringer_2