2024 DETROIT TIGERS REGULAR SEASON THREAD

24 minutes ago, oblong said:

They think it’s the Heisman where they anoint someone early in and it’s up to them to either lose it or someone overtake them. 

Since it come down to vote, and Skubal is getting some early national love, maybe he wins on tiebreaker if it comes down to that. 

1 minute ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I hate the day off after opening day. I get the idea behind it but having waited 6 months for real baseball and then have a day off right after is cruel.  

Agreed. I've been looking at NYC weather when we go there. We'll be lucky to get 2 games in.

Screenshot_20240329_144241_TheWeatherChannel.jpg.7eb20d36e2a16899b6d427e724fdf4ab.jpg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I joined when it was Motown Sports and I was a junior in highschool so that was 2005?

We were here talking Tiger baseball during one of their most successful consecutive years. 2006 was great, and a surprise. But 2012 was my personal favorite.

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Bert, you have supplied more than enough of that delight to throw thanks right back at ya'

That’s kind of you. I’ve been AWOL for a while, but I’m trying to get over my bad attitude so I might be popping in more often than I have. 

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I had never heard of this. Thanks for the link!

Sure thing. The website shows a bunch of the stats that come from MLB putting all those cameras in all 30 ballparks a few years ago to capture every movement in every direction by players and baseballs, for the purpose of teams incorporating the data into their own analyses. So things like first jumps, sprint speeds, pitch horizontal and vertical movements, exit velocities, launch angles, distances, all that—they all come from those cameras, and MLB puts the results on baseballsavant.com.

Enjoy!

The only black clouds on the Tiger start so far have been Maeda and Lange. Maeda has a long enough track record and looked good enough in ST that Saturday can be written off as a blip - at least for now. It's nowhere enough to question his place in the rotation yet. But what about Lange? It's not like he was close but being squeezed by the umpire - he was as wild as during his worst stretch last season. Hope for a game out of reach one way or the other in the next couple of days to put him in? Seems like daylight madness to send him out there again in a leverage situation until he shows he can throw at least the occasional strike. This is sort of an unintended consequence of the three batter rule. You can't put him out there to start an inning and pull him if he walks the first hitter or even two.

18 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

The only black clouds on the Tiger start so far have been Maeda and Lange. Maeda has a long enough track record and looked good enough in ST that Saturday can be written off as a blip - at least for now. It's nowhere enough to question his place in the rotation yet. But what about Lange? It's not like he was close but being squeezed by the umpire - he was as wild as during his worst stretch last season. Hope for a game out of reach one way or the other in the next couple of days to put him in? Seems like daylight madness to send him out there again in a leverage situation until he shows he can throw at least the occasional strike. This is sort of an unintended consequence of the three batter rule. You can't put him out there to start an inning and pull him if he walks the first hitter or even two.

His situation is exactly what the concept of garbage time was created for.

18 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

I was able to watch Tork and Greene on MLB.tv. The Tigers on MLB Network? Must be April fools or something.

Nothing like proximity to Secaucus, N.J., however temporary, to raise your national profile.