World Politics Thread

mtutiger

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I am all for peaceful protests but you can't block public roads. I will drag you out of my way too! 😁

Cool!

Hey, while you're at it, maybe you can swerve toward jaywalkers in the street to keep them out of your way, too? Also, maybe tackle people at the store and detain them if you think they're shoplifting? How about citizen-arresting people smoking only 12 feet from a building entrance instead of the mandated 15? The potential for effective vigilantism seems endless ... 😉

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Cool!

Hey, while you're at it, maybe you can swerve toward jaywalkers in the street to keep them out of your way, too? Also, maybe tackle people at the store and detain them if you think they're shoplifting? How about citizen-arresting people smoking only 12 feet from a building entrance instead of the mandated 15? The potential for effective vigilantism seems endless ... 😉

Hmmmm those are all private spaces but ok. Jaywalkers are just cutting across the street, not trying to block the public street. You been watching police academy citizens on patrol I see.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

16 hours ago, chasfh said:

I’m not a fan of vigilantism of any stripe.

What IF your loved one was having a emergency and getting to the hospital would be the only way to save them. You are driving and right in front of you are protesters blocking the road. What would be your solution to the situation? 

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

What IF your loved one was having a emergency and getting to the hospital would be the only way to save them. You are driving and right in front of you are protesters blocking the road. What would be your solution to the situation? 

In the extraordinary situation that I have a loved one in the car and their life were hanging in the balance and I came upon someone blocking the road in protest, I would leap out of the car, run up to them, and yell at them hey, please, you gotta move and hurry, I got someone in my car I have to get to the hospital right NOW! Vast majority of people would move for that, but if the odd person were to reply nope, I’m protesting and I’m not moving, I would say, hey, last chance, buddy, move NOW or I’m moving you. If they still refused to move after maybe two seconds, then I would grab them and drag them off the road so I could continue on to the hospital. I figure that would take all of 30 seconds to transpire, and I would forgive myself for disregarding my principles in that extraordinary situation and taking the moment into my hands. Plus, I would have to be prepared to accept dealing with the legal or criminal consequences of my actions.

OK, my turn. Here’s one for you:

You’re a guy walking down the sidewalk when you happen upon the situation of protesters sitting in the street blocking traffic, and it makes you hopping mad, so you take that moment in your hands by rushing into the street, yelling at the protesters to move their fucking asses or else you’ll kick their fucking asses (which is what the guy in the video was basically saying), and then dragging them along the pavement onto the curb. Would that be your solution to the situation? 

Edited by chasfh

• 1 month later...