World Politics Thread

mtutiger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow somebody in the British Foreign Office needs their head examined.  They were all set to send that idiot Charles and his girlfriend on a state visit to France in the middle of all this turmoil about the retirement age, and mountains of uncollected garbage.  The visit was canceled at the last minute.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is the bin we would normally put UK politics in...its amazing to me to see so little activity over the coronation of KC3.

Probably for the best.  I had a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth but Charles was always a compromised figure.

Edited by romad1

The ceremony involving the commonwealth forces is impressive to me.  This reflecton of the good parts of the Empire has always been a testament to Queen Elizabeth and Winston Churchill's will to make a positive of the end of the Colonial era.  And on balance it is. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Why is this event getting so much damn attention?

Its not the CEO of Kraft Foods being anointed in a religious and state ceremony in the capital of the largest international organization of states outside the United Nations by a country that happens to be a member of the five eyes partnership and long running ally of the United States.   Also, the gays all dream of being princesses.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey I just saw a note where that miserable little prick Modi is visiting Washington in the next month or so.  Do us all a favour and slap that little **** around, will you please?  I had better not hear that anyone in Ottawa is thinking about inviting him, that should be a non-starter here based on the immigrant mix, Sikh vs Hindu, and Muslim vs everyone else.  Don't try that racist Hindu **** here pal.

• 1 month later...