Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Heading down to Toledo around 2:00 for the game today.     I get to see Nivaldo Rodriguez ptich !

8:30am and it's already a better weather day than any time yesterday.  

The wind off of Lake Erie (and Maumee Bay and up the mighty Maumee River) might keep things cool.

I'll be watching it after work today.

31 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Living in Fort Wayne the Maumee is about 50' across and a glorified creek down here.

That's hard to mentally visualize for someone that's lived their whole life around the Toledo area.

By the way, the Komets are going down tonight.  Go Fish!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Some interesting prospects to follow…Bergner, Olsen, Dingler. Workman and Cabrera to name a few.  And is this the year that we start to see a positive dividend from our JD Martinez trade with Jose King going off?

Aside from your list Pacheco and Keith are two that I'm gonna be monitoring closely. 

Lakeland released their roster. Notable names missing include Jackson Jobe, Tanner Kohlhepp, Cristian Santana and Adinso Reyes.  Campos, Pacheco, Sequera and a lot of names from last year's draft are on it. I know Jobe is on an innings limit so they might wait until a bit later to get him game action. Reyes has struggled a lot ever since coming over to the US and Santana is still only 18. I'm not sure what happened with Kohlhepp (5th round pick last year). Youngest member is pitcher Carlos Marcano- he doesn't turn 19 until July.

https://www.milb.com/lakeland/roster

The Mud Hens have been moving position players around in its first two games, and it's probably something we'll see throughout the season.

• Short played SS on Tuesday and CF on Wednesday (looks like his first time in CF in pro ball).
  • Clemens played LF on Tuesday (looks like his first time in OF in pro ball) and 2B on Wednesday.
  • Kreidler played 3B on Tuesday and SS on Wednesday.
  • Robson played CF on Tuesday and LF on Wednesday.
  • Lopez played 2B on Tuesday and 3B on Wednesday.

Valente DHed, Lester played 1B, and Cameron played RF both days.  Lavarnway caught Tuesday and Rabago caught Wednesday.

CastroW will find time in there somewheres and likely a part of the rotation that moves around a bit.

Edited by casimir

On 4/7/2022 at 5:39 AM, Scottwood said:

Lakeland released their roster. Notable names missing include ...., Cristian Santana

don't know why they missed him in the paperwork but as per last night's box he started at 2b for the flying tigs, went 1/3 with a walk.

Edited by gehringer_2

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Faedo with 3IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 2K for Lakeland.

Brieske got knocked around a bit for the Hens though, 5 runs in 5 innings.

Just to add, Dylan Smith (3rd round pick) did 3IP, 1H, 1R, 0BB, 4K for WMI

Not too shabby

Edited by mtutiger