Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Serretti starts at Erie next year, one imagines

Maybe... I'm not sure how much they want to challenge him.

But also... spots might be open in Toledo if Kreidler/ Clemens end up in Detroit as bench guys or whatever.

But the key issue obviously will be whether developmentally he's ready for a AAA challenge.

I would have no idea on that...

18 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Seems kind of a mixed thing that he has moved faster than the more heralded Jung and Graham.

I wouldn't take that as a slight on those two or anything negatively their way...

I would just take it as Serretti acclimated himself really, really fast. Good for him.

As long as Graham and Jung also make their jumps, even if it takes some extra time... good enough. It's the end result that counts, not the journey.

• Like 1

Serretti is way down the list of infield priorities; he will get assigned where there is room/need

Going to be interesting what they do with SS as Peyton Graham will be 22 next year; Santana will be 19. Assume that Workman goes to Toledo, though not a sure thing. Unless they are super aggressive with Santana and have him jump to Erie like Greene, I assume he starts at WMI, and Graham starts at Lakeland, with in-season promotions expected. Or they could move them around the infield together at WMI. Start with this?

Tol - 2b Perez; ss Workman 3b Lipcius; util Short or Clemens or Davis?

Erie - 2b Jung; ss Cruz; 3b Keith; util Garcia or Navigato or Joyce or Valente?

WMI - 2b Sequera; ss Santana; 3b Pacheco; util Serretti or Mendonza or King?

Lake - 2b Gold; ss Graham; 3b Reyes; Bastidas is already state-side so that needs to be factored in as well

Edited by RatkoVarda

3 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Serretti is way down the list of infield priorities; he will get assigned where there is room/need

Going to be interesting what they do with SS as Peyton Graham will be 22 next year; Santana will be 19. Assume that Workman goes to Toledo, though not a sure thing. Unless they are super aggressive with Santana and have him jump to Erie like Greene, I assume he starts at WMI, and Graham starts at Lakeland, with in-season promotions expected. Or they could move them around the infield together at WMI. Start with this?

Lake - 2b Gold; ss Graham; 3b Reyes; Bastidas is already state-side so that needs to be factored in as well

I think most of your assumptions make sense, though I don’t think Cruz warrants being considered as a starter. I wonder if they’d push Graham that high? I would think he’d be at West Michigan, at least.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:36 AM, RatkoVarda said:

Serretti will be at the least in AA.

I'm doubtful on Cruz. But maybe...?