Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

I'll be at the Erie game tonight and if necessary tomorrow too. . . I live in Richmond, so this has been a fun week or so. Caught the last three games when Erie was here last week, and Serretti was impressive. Everything he hit was loud and solid. Madden showed great stuff last week but made a few mistakes that were hit out. Hopefully he eliminates those tonight and the bats show up again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

That was the Divisional series. Championship series starts Sunday

according to their Twitter account, this is the first time in their history that they have made it this far?  I like their chances in a short series, with Flores and Olsen getting starts.  Unfortunately, Madden looks like he might have hit a wall in his first full season of play.

36 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Parker went 3 for 4 today with a HR & a double.

Workman 2 for 4 with a HR.

Flores pitched 4 inn's, 4 hits 1 BB 5 K's, 2 ER's...

Erie takes the first game of the AA Final against Somerset. One win away from a championship

https://www.milb.com/gameday/patriots-vs-seawolves/2022/09/24/713768#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=713768

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Like 1

I know very little about how the international market works but I remember hearing that one of the things that hurt the Tigers the past several years was that Venezuela where they were strong in had a bit of a dry spell when it comes to premium guys but looking at MLB.com top international guys for 2023 and 2 out of the five are from Venezuela including the top guy.

For those that know more about these things namely Edman and Mark do the Tigers still have a strong presence in Venezeula and if not there are there any guys that they may be in on this year?

15 minutes ago, buddha said:

that seems less than ideal.

keeping in mind that most prospect lists are complete crap.

Yeah particularly since atleast according to them there is a big drop off after Dingler in regards to the league rankings. I believe they had Peyton Graham next but I don't think he was in the top 150.