Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

13 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Because I already know what's going to happen.

Well, I'm a believer. 

Against the Lions:
Passing: 18/32, 56.2% for 243 yards, no TDs, no INTs, QBR of 80.6. 
Running: 90 yards on 17 att (5.3 avg) and a TD

Against the Vikings:
Passing: 26/31, 83.9% for 333 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QBR 108.7
Running: 57 yards on 11 att (5.2 avg) and 2 TDs

Hurts ran on the Lions a lot more.  I didn't watch the game with the Vikings so I don't know if they were keying on stopping him from running more or if this was just a case that they didn't need to because Hurts had no problem passing.

4 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Well, I'm a believer. 

Against the Lions:
Passing: 18/32, 56.2% for 243 yards, no TDs, no INTs, QBR of 80.6. 
Running: 90 yards on 17 att (5.3 avg) and a TD

Against the Vikings:
Passing: 26/31, 83.9% for 333 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QBR 108.7
Running: 57 yards on 11 att (5.2 avg) and 2 TDs

Hurts ran on the Lions a lot more.  I didn't watch the game with the Vikings so I don't know if they were keying on stopping him from running more or if this was just a case that they didn't need to because Hurts had no problem passing.

The yards per carry were exactly the same. Minnesota was getting less pressure so he didn't need to escape the pocket. He was able to stick in the pocket and pick apart the Vikings secondary. There were a couple times the Lions had him dead to rights and he escaped for a big play. The Lions got that same pressure against Wentz and Wentz isn't as mobile as Hurts and they racks up the sacks and a first half shutout. 

My Week 3 Power Rankings\

1. Buffalo - not even close, only a true Buffalo choke job stops them from winning it all
2. Kansas City - Who needs Hill? 
3. LA Chargers - just can't get over the KC hump, but close
4. Philadelphia - okay, for real when healthy.  Their fans still suck, though and I hate seeing them experience joy
5. Miami - Fun to watch, I'll give 'em that.  Big test this week. 
6. LA Rams - not clicking yet.  
7. San Francisco - Jimmy G, different team.
8. Baltimore - Fluke of a loss?  I wouldn't sleep on this team. 
9. Tampa Bay - They feel like a house of cards, don't they?  Weak division
10. Arizona - For now.   
11. DETROIT  - Yep, I went there.   Offensive isn't even 85% of what it could be yet.  Just outscore 'em 
12. Minnesota - Always gonna be in that middle third with Cousins, like lukewarm oatmeal.  You like that? 
13. Green Bay - Not impressed with win over Bears. 
14. Jacksonville - Wow, a real coach who isn't a sociopath
15. NY Giants - A Fraudulent 2-0.  Hi Kenny G.......
16. Dallas - Middle of the Pack and I hate even giving them that much. 
17. New Orleans - Jameis needs to calm down and be a game-manager, if that's possible. 
18. Washington - Will the real Carson Wentz stand up.  Oh yeah, this IS him.
19. Cincinnati  - Knew they wouldn't have a charmed life again, but not good, Bob
20. Cleveland - They just feel like a team that is going to linger around here until the scumbag plays
21.  Denver - I know what it's like to see what so many Lions coaches looked like from a distance
22. New England - Fuck Matt Patricia.  Just fuck him and everything about him
23. Pittsburgh - Screaming to replace Mitchell Trubisky took a whole two weeks!
24. Las Vegas - Fuck Josh McDaniel too and every other arrogant ex-Patriots coach. It was always Brady
25. Tennessee - After the Buffalo game they are cowering in the corner like my dog during a thunderstorm
26. NY Jets - Congratulations to Joe Flacco for getting the win on his 60th birthday !
27. Indianapolis - They started in my top 6.  Their owner caught with a briefcase full of opiates. He'll need 'em
28. Seattle - Seeing Nathaniel Can't Hackett coach again really takes luster off the first win. 
29. Carolina - Matt Rhule will be a great fit for Auburn next season
30. Chicago - Needed a mud bowl to win (if Jimmy G started they would have lost that one)
31. Houston - I'm gonna say it. Yep, I am a fucking asshole for going here, but Houston we have a problem. What a dick. 
32. Atlanta - What number will Bryce Young wear next year? 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:31 AM, Motown Bombers said:

The last players Detroit drafted 2nd overall were Suh and Johnson. Hutchinson will be an All-Pro and either be out of the league or on another team by age 30. 

I don't know if you're being cheeky & facetious, but I think it'll be different with Hutch - given he's a local kid.  I don't see the organization letting him walk as easily.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, Motown Bombers said:

The yards per carry were exactly the same. Minnesota was getting less pressure so he didn't need to escape the pocket. He was able to stick in the pocket and pick apart the Vikings secondary. There were a couple times the Lions had him dead to rights and he escaped for a big play. The Lions got that same pressure against Wentz and Wentz isn't as mobile as Hurts and they racks up the sacks and a first half shutout. 

Looking at the Lions schedule as of now I see the 2 games against Fields, 1 against Josh Allen and depending on Dak's health 1 against him as the only real threats to take off and run like Hurts did which killed them. The rest are pretty much drop back QBs, Rodgers may take off now and again but hardly enough at this point in his career to consider that much of a threat. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, Motown Bombers said:

1st game of the season, young D-line, star rookie DE - everyone amped up to beat their man - probably not quite enough attention to discipline, working together and maintaining contain. I think that is the kind of thing that can/should improve next time they see a guy like that.

Saw the end of that Bills game.   The receiver, Isisah McKenzie could have sprinted out of bound with about 2 seconds left at about the 42 yard line.   yep, that's a 58/59 yard field goal attempt or one last chance for Allen to throw a hail mary, but he stupidly stayed in bounds.      Germaine Crowell did that in Minnesota once and the team should have benched him for the next game because of it.       A very J.R. Smith type of move.