Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

The "cover" story on Yahoo Sports today is about Matt Patricia being one of two people to call offensive plays for New England.    There is a picture of him with his stupid pencil behind his ear.   I just want to punch my computer.   I hate him so much.  Sick of that smug look.   He's an asshole and a terrible coach and my two rooting interests are for the Lions to be better and  for him to fail miserably.     One of my all time most hated people to have anything to do with sports in Detroit or just about anywhere else.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The "cover" story on Yahoo Sports today is about Matt Patricia being one of two people to call offensive plays for New England.    There is a picture of him with his stupid pencil behind his ear.   I just want to punch my computer.   I hate him so much.  Sick of that smug look.   He's an asshole and a terrible coach and my two rooting interests are for the Lions to be better and  for him to fail miserably.     One of my all time most hated people to have anything to do with sports in Detroit or just about anywhere else.  

I won’t read the article but hopefully it talked about this being a total ruse so Patricia can still get paid from the Lions this year.  Had he been named coordinator then the Lions would no longer have to pay him the remainder of his contract.  

Another reason to hate these guys. 

5 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I won’t read the article but hopefully it talked about this being a total ruse so Patricia can still get paid from the Lions this year.  Had he been named coordinator then the Lions would no longer have to pay him the remainder of his contract.  

Another reason to hate these guys. 

This is much worse than the whole deflate-gate thing to me.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watson stands by his innnocence and said he did nothing wrong then a sentence later says hes remorseful for his actions. If you are innocent and did nothing wrong what you remorseful for?

Not that I believe it, but I would guess the argument would be that he's remorseful that his actions had the unintended consequence of damaging the NFLs public image.  Everything he did he feels was fully consensual, but in hindsight he understands that it presents a poor look for a NFL QB and he should have been a better roll model.

(Just to be clear: I'm saying that I don't believe that he's actually remorseful.)

37 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watson stands by his innnocence and said he did nothing wrong then a sentence later says hes remorseful for his actions. If you are innocent and did nothing wrong what you remorseful for?

he's remorseful because saying that reduces his suspension.

its the PR he should have done from the beginning.

"while i know i committed no crimes,  its apparent thay my actions caused hurt to others and for that i am deeply sorry and apologize to each of them.  i honestly meant no harm.  i am moving forward with counseling and seeking to correct my personal faults and promise this will not happen again.  i apologize to all involved and the organization and fans of the houston texans and the nfl community.  through my actions i have let all of them down and i sincerely apologize and will work to do better in the future."

Will the Texans get punished at all?  They knew more than they let on, but then again, as Mike Brady said to Greg.  Caveat Emptor.

This is so Browns, isn't it?    And what was the point of having the judge make her ruling.     Big mess.   For a league that does so well with marketing and promotion, they sure fuck up things like this. 

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Will the Texans get punished at all?  They knew more than they let on, but then again, as Mike Brady said to Greg.  Caveat Emptor.

This is so Browns, isn't it?    And what was the point of having the judge make her ruling.     Big mess.   For a league that does so well with marketing and promotion, they sure fuck up things like this. 

What’s messed up? Are you going to stop watching? Is anyone else?

Star player was not convicted of any crimes but was suspended for 2/3 of the season and fined $5 million. Sure maybe he should have had his dick cut off, and maybe one day we will live in that utopia where we can get charged but not convicted of crimes, and get our dicks cut off anyway. But he still got a pretty big punishment without a criminal conviction.

Why was he not suspended longer or fined more? NFLPA CBA. Who is blaming this on the NFLPA rather than the NFL? As far as I can tell, nobody. 

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nathaniel Hackett & Russell Wilson totally mismanaged the end of that game Monday.    Burned 30 seconds only to call a time out and attempt at 63 yard field goal?    Was Scott Frost calling in? 

I picked them to win the SB so that's the reason why, any team I pick to win turns inti incompetent morons.

Since I don't believe any of the Monday night Head Coaches are even on a warm seat........

The new rankings.

1 - Frank Reich -  Another terrible start.  Colts are a good team and they are lucky to only be 1/2 game behind right now, but they have Kansas City next and a big division game vs. Tennessee after that.  If they lose both, he could be out.  MAY NOT SURVIVE THE SEASON

2. Matt Rhule -  Carolina does not seem to be progressing once. I think he's got a little more leash because his QB is new, but just a little more.   I think he'll be coaching Auburn next year.  MAY NOT SURVIVE THE SEASON

3. Nathaniel Hackett - Yeah, Denver won yesterday, but they are a mess.  Russ is 33 and has a shelf life.  The Broncos are not going to give a second year to him if he bungles his way through this season.  He'll be a one-and-done.  PROBABLY SURVIVES THE SEASON

4. Kliff Kingsbury - Arizona got an OT win yesterday and everyone in the West is 1-1 now, so they are starting over.  But it's all about the last month.   ITS ALL ABOUT DECEMBER

5. Ron Rivera -  With a dysfunctional management that has a scandal-ridden front office and a stadium that has raw sewage leak onto fans, it might be a bad look to fire a cancer survivor, but that 2-point decision, down by 8 with all the momentum ranks up there with some really dumb Lions coach decisions (I think of Bobby Ross going for 2, down by 4 late in the game in Arizona.....he should have been fired the next day).   Riverboat Ron is in a division that could be won at 9-8 and he kind of broke their backs yesterday.   SURVIVES THE SEASON.  

I don't think anyone else's seat is hot except Arthur Smith (roster is not his fault) and Mike McCarthy (because Sean Payton will be available February 9, 2023)

• Like 1