2022 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

We'll see how things play out between now and June 23 but as other have said, this really doesn't feel like that big of deal right now.  I really have a hard time ranking the order of the top 6 or 7 prospects.   

I find it much more likely that grant is traded than not. Portland makes so much sense. They didn’t move up, dame wants grant and the blazers need to keep dame happy.  Doesn’t seem like a stretch that the pistons have the 5th and 7th pick. 

• Like 1

Bright side is Chet and Paolo will likely be gone. 

Sharpe or Ivey will be there. Of course, Weaver might also go Murray. The again, Murray plays Grant’s position so…

We should be shopping Grant to the Kings and Blazers, the two teams trying win now. Give me a second pick if we’re going after Murray so we can get one of the guards as well. 

Things are likely to change a lot between now and the draft.  But you can probably count on 2 of these 3 being there at #5:

Sharpe

Mathurin

Ivey

Possibly all three but that seems a bit unlikely.  As long as they don't blow it and take Murray things should be fine.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

There is nothing ever good from being a sports fan. It’s always just losing. As much sports as I watch and I’ve witnessed one championship.   Pistons in 04. Everyone is losers. 

well youngin', ive seen the tigers win once, michigan football win once, michigan basketball win once, the WINGS WIN FOUR TIMES, and the pistons win 3 times.

ive even seen the lions win a playoff game.  which is probably more surprising than any of the others...

Meh, I'm fine with it. Would have preferred top 3 but I don't see much of a spread between 1-6 in this draft. 

The biggest takeaway to the Pistons not finishing top 3 is that they are likely in the market for a big man now and are likely out on Brunson if they don't take Murray. Hoping for Sharpe or Mathurin, would be ok with Murray or even Ivey.

20 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

There is nothing ever good from being a sports fan. It’s always just losing. As much sports as I watch and I’ve witnessed one championship.   Pistons in 04. Everyone is losers. 

They won Cade last year who is a good deal better than any prospect in this draft. The Pistons are the big winners by getting Cade alone.

41 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I don’t see grant being extended.  Much more likely he is traded. Fits the plan much better. 

I'd be really surprised if he was traded but I'm ready to be surprised. Portland not moving up does increase the slim chance of it happening but I doubt they offer up a pick that high for a pending UFA.

23 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Things are likely to change a lot between now and the draft.  But you can probably count on 2 of these 3 being there at #5:

Sharpe

Mathurin

Ivey

Possibly all three but that seems a bit unlikely.  As long as they don't blow it and take Murray things should be fine.

I could easily see Sacramento taking Murray. They're guard heavy so I'd be surprised if they took Ivey (who is basically a poor man's Fox) or Sharpe but maybe I'm wrong. The Kings are the type of franchise that I could see reaching for somebody like Duren.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1