Al Avila: “You’ve got to go full bore from Day 1"

• 1 month later...

Lost 4 of 5 at home against a team that is literally having a fire sale and is basically trotting out a minor league roster.  Oh, and the only actual potential MLB starting position player AL has drafted that is on the team in Tork, is on the cusp of getting sent back down.  Give that man an extension!

dumb-and-dumber-thumb-sucking.gif

• Like 1

Afternoon guys on 97.1 today.   Avila = Millen.     Can't argue it.  

How much longer, Chris?   Even if you hire another stiff, which I am certain you will, at least he'll find a different way to fuck things up.   A fresh fuck-up, if you will.      Done with this.   

Oh, you have major leaguers with your #1 picks.  Picks that at least 80% of the league would have taken.   Wow.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

How much longer, Chris?   Even if you hire another stiff, which I am certain you will, at least he'll find a different way to fuck things up.   A fresh fuck-up, if you will.      Done with this.   

Oh, you have major leaguers with your #1 picks.  Picks that at least 80% of the league would have taken.   Wow. 

First 7 rounds 

1 - Beau Burrows  
1 - Christin Stewart
2 - Tyler Alexander
3 - Drew Smith
4 - Kade Scivique
5 - Cam Gibson
6 - Matt Hall
7 - Nicholas Shumpert

1 - Matt Manning
4 - Kyle Funkouser
5 - Mark Ecker
6 - Bryan Garcia
7 - Austin Sodders

1 - Alex Faedo
2 - Reynaldo Rivera
3 - Joey Morgan
4 - Gio Arriera
5 - Sam McMillan
6  - Dan Myers
7 - Brad Bass

1 - Casey MIze
2 - Parker Meadows
3 - Kody Clemens
4 - Kingston Liniak
5 - Adam Wolf
6 - Hugh Smith
7 - Eric De La Rosa

Not a single All Star in the bunch.   Not a single every day position player.  Not one.   

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

1- Riley Greene  - I still have hope, I don't think they broke him
2 - Nick Quintana - 
3 - Andre Lipcius
4 - Ryan Kreidler
5 - Bryan Packard
6 - Cooper Johnson
7 - Zack Hess

1 - Spencer Torkelson
2 - Dillon Dingler
2 - Daniel Cabrera
3 - Trei Cruz
4 - Gage Workman
5 - Colt Keith

1 - Jackson Jobe
1 - Ty Madden
2 - Isaac Pacheco
3 - Dylan Smith
4 - Tyler Mattison
5 - Tanner Kohlhepp
6 - Austin Murr
7 - Briant Hunter

Too early to tell on this bunch.  I do think Torkelson will be an elite hitter.  A lot of future stars were brutal in their first year.  

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How much longer, Chris? 

Thing of it is, I'm believing that Al is just doing the job asked of him.  I mean he's the "face" of the deception, so I vent on him...he was the source of the snarky "drunken sailor" excuse...but I believe that was just made in service to a greater evil.

Would any potential buyer likely keep the team in Detroit?

26 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Why would a potential buyer not keep the team in Detroit? Seriously. 

Isn't it fundamental to the concept of creating wealth, to effect "improvements"?  I think its part of the game....make changes that prior ownership was too ignorant to implement...I think some call it "vision".

Mind you that I'm not advocating any move, I just have the concern that  any party willing to make such a sizable  investment, will likely feel compelled to meddle.

Pretty much in the same spirit with the recent warning to Cincy fans to be careful what they wish for.....

17 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Isn't it fundamental to the concept of creating wealth, to effect "improvements"?  I think its part of the game....make changes that prior ownership was too ignorant to implement...I think some call it "vision".

Mind you that I'm not advocating any move, I just have the concern that  any party willing to make such a sizable  investment, will likely feel compelled to meddle.

Pretty much in the same spirit with the recent warning to Cincy fans to be careful what they wish for.....

San Antonio beckons.