4/8 1:10 White Sox @ Tigers **OPENING DAY 2022**

Tigeraholic1

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Hendricks won't be available tomorrow, right? I mean 33 pitches....

Regardless of the outcome, letting Hendricks go +30 pitches in his first day back in the cold is really a pretty stupid move by LaRussa. If they lose him they are probably toast for the division.

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The Jack White color pallette

White Stripes - White & Red with some Black

Solo Career - Powder Blue & White

Third Man Records -  Yellow & Black 

He is starting a solo tour tonight -  that means blue hair and probably a blue and white suit

I wonder if Gibby and Jack lectured White that blue hair is against the broadcast booth code. 

A5FB4E87-569A-44F4-B2B2-0014A403D351.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Grossman, Candy, Meadows - we've some guys who work pitchers hard. Tork probably also once he gets his feet under him. We're starting to be hard team to pitch against.

Javy is obviously the big shiny addition to this lineup (with reason), but adding Meadows adds a lot of credibility as well. There's a lot of question marks as to whether he's more the '19 or '21 variety, but he's a pro and handles the bat well. Saw that today big time

Edited by mtutiger

9 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Javy is obviously the big shiny addition to this lineup (with reason), but adding Meadows adds a lot of credibility as well. There's a lot of question marks as to whether he's more the '19 or '21 variety, but he's a pro and handles the bat well. Saw that today big time

I think Meadows will be closer to the 2019 version once the shift is greatly modified.  I am thinking the shifting him really dropped his average.    It seems like the shift really started getting used a lot more in 2020 and 2021.   Is there a way to see how many base hits were taken away via the shift?   I bet it's a lot.  

35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think Meadows will be closer to the 2019 version once the shift is greatly modified.  I am thinking the shifting him really dropped his average.    It seems like the shift really started getting used a lot more in 2020 and 2021.   Is there a way to see how many base hits were taken away via the shift?   I bet it's a lot.  

The most in depth analysis I saw on Meadows was that his FB rate had gone up past optimum and his BaBIP was dropping on too many pop flies, but I didn't make any effort to check the claim independently.

51 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

🙂

Thank you!  Now that the team has improved, it's time to upgrade the booth.  Nobody can kill an exciting game quite like Matt Shepard.

I'm worried the Tigers are going to have their March 26th moment with Mike Goldberg on the call situation.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kacie said:

Thank you!  Now that the team has improved, it's time to upgrade the booth.  Nobody can kill an exciting game quite like Matt Shepard.

I'm worried the Tigers are going to have their March 26th moment with Mike Goldberg on the call situation.  

Maybe they convince Jack White into calling the games. 

6 minutes ago, Kacie said:

“Oh my goodness!”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kacie said:

I think Gibby and Morris are even more of a drag than Shepard. I don’t like Gibby talking over the PBP (“get going, get going”) even on routine RBIs.  I sync the radio broadcast when I’m watching on my PC, but haven’t figured out how to do that through the MLB app on my Samsung tv 

2 hours ago, Kacie said:

Brockmire is still available.