Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

27 minutes ago, casimir said:

Damn it, he found us.

putting all of the messages telling us to come here in the Detroit Tigers forum was a really great way for me to never see it but I staggered over there just to see whether that forum was functioning differently and saw them.   It almost worked, now I'm here to toilet bowl this forum too you're welcome

Scanning through the maps it looks like the US is trending down on cases in most states.  Even in the northeast and midwest.  MI may have flattened out on the recent wave, we'll see.  7 day average been 2600-2700 now for almost 10 days.  Hopefully the increase in vax and immunity has done it's job.

15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Thread

I liked this part (from the same NYT citation):

In an article this month for Breitbart, the right-wing website formerly run by Steve Bannon, John Nolte argued that the partisan gap in vaccination rates was part of a liberal plot. Liberals like Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Anthony Fauci and Howard Stern have tried so hard to persuade people to get vaccinated, because they know that Republican voters will do the opposite of whatever they say, Nolte wrote.

His argument is certainly bizarre, given that Democratic politicians have been imploring all Americans to get vaccinated and many Republican politicians have not. But Nolte did offer a glimpse at a creeping political fear among some Republicans. “Right now, a countless number of Trump supporters believe they are owning the left by refusing to take a lifesaving vaccine,” Nolte wrote. “In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?”

17 hours ago, oblong said:

That Nolte guy is a trip.  I followed him on twitter back in the day and he was convinced, up until election day 2012, that Romney was going to win easily.  Shortly after I dropped him, realizing he was an idiot.

You're a smart guy, you've always been a smart guy, and you yourself fell in thrall to an idiot like this. And because you're a smart guy, you were able to reason yourself out of it.

What chance do people of modest intellect have?

These anti-vaxx people...............Sign a pledge that you believe memes over doctors and then later in life when you need some kind of surgery, go have a guy/gal on facebook do it.  you'll save money and won't have those liberal elitist hands in your body.   Come on, make the pledge,  Money where your mouth is,  Do it..........DO IT.     You Tube/Facebook Surgery experts doing the surgery, it would make a great streaming channel.