Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

A friend of mine’s 5-year-old daughter brought it home and gave it to his wife. The mom is luckily vaccinated, so the symptoms for both have been very minor. It makes me think of how many in this scenario have unvaccinated parents that are in much worse shape. 

It also makes me wonder how often that scenario has played out that people don’t even get tested. Would your friend have gotten tested with those symptoms if not for knowing of her daughter getting it?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:03 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

I'll be honest with ya folks...........Up until the last few days I have been wearing my mask indoors at stores and things like that, but I have stopped (for the most part) and the reason why is at this point is I am just tired of them and I don't care about them anymore.  If they want to risk it, let them.  If they want to believe a meme over their own doctors, then hey, their choice, their consequence.   For the people who can't get vaxxed, I don't think my masking up makes a difference anymore since there are so many fools out there who aren't.  Plus with the booming delivery services for everything now (not just food), if you are that vulnerable, you should not be going out.  

Devil's Advocate might say in reply: if you get a breakthrough case that's asymptomatic and you go unmasked around immunocompromised people who are vaxxed, you risk infecting them. It may not be fair to ask such people to cloister themselves at home 24/7 just so people can engage in unsafe social behavior.

I'm a fan of masks. Took my cat to the vet and ate a breakfast burrito before I left. It had some peppers and when I got home I realized one was stuck on my teeth. I was mortified that I went in public like that but realized I wore my mask so no one ever knew. 

BTW, my vet has signs on his front window that say "no mask, no service" and "if you don't like wearing a mask, you really won't like a ventilator." 

In our area there aren't many places requiring masks.  I've had doctor and dentist appointments in the last six weeks and neither required me to wear a mask in the office.  My doctor did convince me to get the Phizer booster so going Thursday for the booster.  I'm not excited about getting all these injections but its better than having a serious lung issue and getting covid.

400 people in the hospital system where I work have lost their jobs for refusing to get vaccinated.    They can come back if they get the vaccine, but they'd rather believe memes than, you know, doctors.......that they work with, everyday,  who got vaxxed themselves.      It's only slightly more than 1% of our workforce.    They should not be allowed unemployment.   Live with your choice, don't make the rest of us pay for it.  

(Trump and his family and everyone at Fox News all got it, and almost every doctor you work with, but you know, the memes, man, the memes).      

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

400 people in the hospital system where I work have lost their jobs for refusing to get vaccinated.    They can come back if they get the vaccine, but they'd rather believe memes than, you know, doctors.......that they work with, everyday,  who got vaxxed themselves.      It's only slightly more than 1% of our workforce.    They should not be allowed unemployment.   Live with your choice, don't make the rest of us pay for it.  

(Trump and his family and everyone at Fox News all got it, and almost every doctor you work with, but you know, the memes, man, the memes).      

It's crazy they think this way. History will look back at this idealist mind bender time and say hmmm.....

I received a positive result on a PCR test yesterday, despite having gotten a negative rapid test the day prior and having been fully vaccinated as of early May.

I have two foster children in the home right now. One of them I went and picked up from school last week because he was ill and the other got ill shortly after him. I was the third to get it and my symptoms have been milder than either of them, which makes sense since I was vaccinated and neither of them were. Just a runny nose and sore throat. They're both dealing with fatigue and a bit of a nasty cough.

I think the first one got it from school (there isn't a mask to be seen for miles in Macomb area schools right now and I am getting daily exposure notification emails) and then gave it to us. I'm pretty sure one of them gave it to my (vaccinated) parents too, because they're complaining of similar symptoms now too. Both my parents are getting a test today.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I received a positive result on a PCR test yesterday, despite having gotten a negative rapid test the day prior and having been fully vaccinated as of early May.

I have two foster children in the home right now. One of them I went and picked up from school last week because he was ill and the other got ill shortly after him. I was the third to get it and my symptoms have been milder than either of them, which makes sense since I was vaccinated and neither of them were. Just a runny nose and sore throat. They're both dealing with fatigue and a bit of a nasty cough.

I think the first one got it from school (there isn't a mask to be seen for miles in Macomb area schools right now and I am getting daily exposure notification emails) and then gave it to us. I'm pretty sure one of them gave it to my (vaccinated) parents too, because they're complaining of similar symptoms now too. Both my parents are getting a test today.

I've actually seen from multiple sources that there were some tests out there, literally yesterday, that were a bad batch and giving false positives.   A journalist yesterday tweeted that it happened to him, and then NPR reported about a known bad batch this morning.  Might be worth getting retested.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

If you want to take the vaccine then take it.  If not then in should not be mandated.  Injecting chemicals in someones body should be their choice.

You know.. Like the polio vaccine or the 17 vaccines that those in the military are required to take....

Right?