Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

I've been told you're wrong, see below.

No trolling, but yes, heavy on the sarcasm. 

To be technically correct, Biden has no authority to put a vaccine mandate in place.  (POTUS probably had that ability before until an evil GOP legislature took it away just to screw over a democrat at some point in the future) He worked within his administration to identify a legal way to do this and the person with the authority, then took the steps needed to move forward with implementing it.

Ironically, this is exactly what Whitmer could do if she wanted to put a mask mandate in place in Michigan.  Yet for some reason, instead of asking if or why she's not talking about it, the correct response to that question is that the GOP took away all her power and anyone that says otherwise is a liar.  Stop blaming Whitmer, start blaming the GOP.  End of story.

I don't understand the difference.  Mind you I'm not the brightest, so there is that.

the exec may or may not have the authority. There certainly isn't anything in US law that I know of that empowers a President to require people to get vacciinated *in general.*, but by the same token, if the Pres doesn't neither does anyone else in the Fed gov. But workplace safety is not 'in general' and using OSHA to get what they want on vaccines takes advantage of the existing authority the Congress gave the executive to make administrative law with respect to workplace safety. As long as they follow the rule making process correctly, that can be perfectly valid. And the authority flows from the Executive power of the gov - which is the Pres. Again go back to Article II "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows:..."  Many - especially liberals, wish it weren't the case but the Constitution does not allow for the Congress to give power to anyone but the President. Cabinet officers can have direct so-called "Ministerial Authorities" but those are non-discretionary. There have been rules and limits that Presidents have accepted for how they interact with their own departments as matters of good government, but again, Trump proved that it's custom that enforces those, and a President willing to violate custom can do pretty much what he wants in most of those areas up until there is a Congress actually willing to impeach and convict him.

Edited by gehringer_2

55 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Hey, a nurse in our area was selling stolen vaccine cards to those who were not vaccinated.  $200 a pop - and the kicker is that she used lot numbers from Moderna doses they had on hand at the VA hospital where she worked. 

So the scenario could have played out where people claiming to be vaxxed got sick, researchers saw the same lot number and then assumed those doses were bad, potentially scaring thousands of people into thinking they got a bad dose.  

She's 37, she lives in Southgate.  She said she was doing it to pay for her child's orthodontist.    Well, I am not going to be satisfied with probation time for her.  She needs to go to jail and congrats, you're only 37 and you will likely never ever work as a nurse again.   Well done, creep.  

I don’t think they look at your card. All that stuff is logged into the system. I looked on my chart and it’s there and I never told my doctor. If these people go to the hospital they won’t be considered vaccinated… 

4 hours ago, oblong said:

I don’t think they look at your card. All that stuff is logged into the system. I looked on my chart and it’s there and I never told my doctor. If these people go to the hospital they won’t be considered vaccinated… 

Same with me. I got vaxxed at Kroger and when I went to my PCP, I asked them if they wanted my card for the info. They double checked the info they already had and said it matched up.

Edit; and anyone caught using a fake card should be sentenced to community service on a covid floor of a local hospital. Let them see how bad it really is.

Edited by Sports_Freak

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Numbers trending down nationally but still growing in MI. 4K cases per day for the last two days per the State report.

Today’s report is the first that has me worried for some reason.  I know it’s only two days but I would feel better if we see some flattening.  It’s been warmer than usual and I am afraid as we move indoors this trend continues. Time wise based on other waves we should start to see a decrease. 

13 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Find this on the gas pump tonight. 

20211001_205333.jpg

I'd rather be a living guinea pig than a dead Q-Tard.  

By the way, idiots, Trump and his entire family got the vaccine. 

Fox News - they all have been vaxxed

Marjorie Taylor Greene has been vaxxed  (because if she wasn't, she'd be bragging about it). 

Only 3 senators say they have not been vaxxed, I believe all three are lying about that.  Rand Paul (His ex-neighbor becomes a bigger hero to me every day),  Ron Johnson (a walking turd) and Rick Scott, but Rick might already be naturally immune because of his unique situation. 

Rick Scott Totally Looks Like Bat Boy - Totally Looks Like

(Ear tuck here, dental veneers there, and he looks almost human). 

They are risking killing you for votes and ratings while they protect themselves.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, oblong said:

I've only see the headlines but I'd be curious to know the effects on vaccinated vs unvaxxed people... or is it not even necessary for vaccinated if they get covid?

Have their been any Red Pill/Blue Pill Matrix conspiracies yet?    I don't go to their conspiracy websites because it makes me feel unclean.  

I'll be honest with ya folks...........Up until the last few days I have been wearing my mask indoors at stores and things like that, but I have stopped (for the most part) and the reason why is at this point is I am just tired of them and I don't care about them anymore.  If they want to risk it, let them.  If they want to believe a meme over their own doctors, then hey, their choice, their consequence.   For the people who can't get vaxxed, I don't think my masking up makes a difference anymore since there are so many fools out there who aren't.  Plus with the booming delivery services for everything now (not just food), if you are that vulnerable, you should not be going out.  

20 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Numbers trending down nationally but still growing in MI. 4K cases per day for the last two days per the State report.

Michigan was doing good and one of the best states in the country.  I guess its our turn for a spike.  I thought it had to do with schools starting but most of the country is starting around the same time so probably not.