Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

38 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It will take some time, but you guys are eventually going to lose all the culture wars.  For better or for worse, you always do.  You should concentrate on economic stuff.  

Tbf their economic plans are shit too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

So you are for sex changes for kids without parent consent?

I wasn't saying I was for or against anything in particular.  I am saying you are eventually going to lose the culture wars.  Society moves forward for better or for worse.   

Edited by Tiger337

41 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Correction, Faux News is owned by a foreign national and Tucker Carlson is another Aaron Burr

I want to be a pirate broadcast station.

And take over Faux News broadcasts whether airwaves or cable...

And broadcast - 24/7 - the violence committed against the Capital Police. Nothing but that. This is what you did... MAGA.

I don't care if that influences them/ gets them to change their mind, or not. I don't care, that's not the point.

I want to offer to MAGA, if they turn on Faux News, one thing and one thing only: Video of their fascist violence. Of their fascist attempt to overthrow the Constitution of the United States.

Full stop.

Carlson and Hannity and all the other Faux News closet Fascists can weep in their beers...

"Why does nobody see me/ listen to me anymore?"

Because I, Pirate Fox, took over your broadcasts and showed America and the world exactly who you are, that's why. 24/7. No more Faux News.

9 hours ago, pfife said:

Banana Republicans

Mexico is a full on failed state. I say that as someone who loves Mexico. The corruption and inability of the Mexican government is laughable if it wasn't so sad. I have been places in Mexico where the cartel open runs the entire state. Complete with check points, guns pointed at you, etc.

The current relationship between the US and Mexico should not continue and its benefits no one but the corrupt and cartels. I am all for treating cartels like ISIS. There is the question of sovereignty. Morena is no better than PRI.

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

2 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Mexico is a full on failed state. I say that as someone who loves Mexico. The corruption and inability of the Mexican government is laughable if it wasn't so sad. I have been places in Mexico where the cartel open runs the entire state. Complete with check points, guns pointed at you, etc.

The current relationship between the US and Mexico should not continue and its benefits no one but the corrupt and cartels. I am all for treating cartels like ISIS. There is the question of sovereignty. Morena is no better than PRI.

I'm sure sending our military in will fix things.  

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm sure sending our military in will fix things.  

What would most guarantee the Mexican destabilization in the United States is to allow well-funded private armies to disrupt the federal government if they don't like political outcomes. 

20 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

It will take some time, but you guys are eventually going to lose all the culture wars.  For better or for worse, you always do.  You should concentrate on economic stuff.  

That won’t work for them either because they are failing on economic stuff, too.

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That won’t work for them either because they are failing on economic stuff, too.

I would argue that in some sense it's the fact that they've lost the economic theory war which reduced the GOP to adopting the cultural war stance as their core in the first place. The party may still be the party of corporate tax cuts, but that part exists strictly as a recognized campaign funding payoff, no-one (well except maybe Paul Ryan) still believes that Reaganomics is actually sound economic/social development theory. Romney's loss was the pivot. He & Ryan were probably the absolute best most attractive faces you could put on robber baron economics but the voting public still refused to buy in again. If a widely admired, well accomlished, deeply ethical and personally attractive man could no longer sell trickle down, Ted Cruz and the rest of the rogues gallery in the 2016 GOP primary field sure weren't going to be able to either.

Edited by gehringer_2

20 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I would argue that in some sense it's the fact that they've lost the economic theory war which reduced the GOP to adopting the cultural war stance as their core in the first place. The party may still be the party of corporate tax cuts, but that part exists strictly as a recognized campaign funding payoff, no-one (well except maybe Paul Ryan) still believes that Reaganomics is actually sound economic/social development theory. Romney's loss was the pivot. He & Ryan were probably the absolute best most attractive faces you could put on robber baron economics but the voting public still refused to buy in again. If a widely admired, well accomlished, deeply ethical and personally attractive man could no longer sell trickle down, Ted Cruz and the rest of the rogues gallery in the 2016 GOP primary field sure weren't going to be able to either.

Yep.  And Hillary as the D candidate was just what the "regular" GOP needed to stay on board and eventually fall in line with Trump.  His win was decided by the populists and in some sense hard core evangelicals (due to Romney's Mormonism) that sat out 2012.  When I watch documentaries on the 90's even I sit there and say "Man, I forgot why I hated her and Bill so much".   This has been stated by many but each party nominated the only person the other could beat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

You post fox news stuff though and they're demonstrated liars.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Agreed. They are relying on decades-old tropes about what economic geniuses conservatives are, effectively gaslighting their red hat base who are (perhaps willfully) ignorant of the actual history.