Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL  - Which is why Biden just decided not to veto the DC crime bill and his next big PR push is going to be on the deficit. Very lefty....NOT.

The Democrats have an image problem in battle ground. States, it was political calculation.

The deficit push is a way to spin action to try to control inflation. Biden knows if inflation continues, it’s bad for the  Democrats and him. I actually hope politicians do work together and solve issues. But seems u likely. The house and Dems will have to agree on how to cut the budget. Which is going to be a sticking point. 

4 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

He isn’t going to run third party. It doesn’t benefit him. 

Not correct.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Doesn't benefit him? Really? For Trump, campaigning is one big gold plated expense paid ego massage junkett on other people's money. Hard to imagine what else he could be itching to spend his time doing instead.

Correct.

Plus... he really REALLY wants to be dictator for life. REAL bad... If the Banana Republicans reject him I see a huge desire on his part to create his own party of Fascist MAGA... 

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Doesn't benefit him? Really? For Trump, campaigning is one big gold plated expense paid ego massage junkett on other people's money. Hard to imagine what else he could be itching to spend his time doing instead.

He’s not going to get the type of funding if he isn’t the candidate for a major party. It probably actually cost him money to run as third party. I get he gets free advertisement in the media with all the coverage, but the war chest won’t be there.  There’s also zero chance of him winning with a split vote, and he knows it.

The deficit push is a way to spin action to try to control inflation. Biden knows if inflation continues, it’s bad for the  Democrats and him. I actually hope politicians do work together and solve issues. But seems u likely. The house and Dems will have to agree on how to cut the budget. Which is going to be a sticking point. 

In the end the House will accept a tax increase (probably over the objections of the freedom caucus group) because they they know proposing cuts of their own is a loser and they can use a tax hike in the campaign against Biden, plus if part of the increase is corporate it will be manna for GOP PAC fundraising.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

He’s not going to get the type of funding if he isn’t the candidate for a major party. It probably actually cost him money to run as third party. I get he gets free advertisement in the media with all the coverage, but the war chest won’t be there.  There’s also zero chance of him winning with a split vote, and he knows it.

Trump is such a pouty lil' bitch he's going to run just to give a big FU to DeSantis & McConnell, etc.

Book it.

4 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

The Democrats have an image problem in battle ground. States, it was political calculation.

The deficit push has been done by the last 3  democratic presidents regardless of inflation.  The two aren't related except in banana Republican wonderland.

7 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

I wish you were right but I think his direct fundraising capabilities are stilll going to be pretty strong. But you may be right that the bigger swing won't be so much direct money but what FOX does. If Murdoch throws him overboard hard, or something actually comes out of the Dominion lawsuit that constrains Fox's ability to support him even if they wanted to, then I think he could end up seriously behind the eight-ball.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

In the end the House will accept a tax increase (probably over the objections of the freedom caucus group) because they they know proposing cuts of their own is a loser and they can use a tax hike in the campaign against Biden, plus if part of the increase is corporate it will be manna for GOP PAC fundraising.

So he shouldn't touch corporate taxes.

He should instead put back to prior standards the inheritance tax (I believe it was reduced, not eliminated), carry taxes, the real estate tax reductions that Trump demanded, capital gains tax rate, corporate min tax suggestion (doesn't increase their taxes, it just delays the ability to benefit from business loss carry-forwards), and eliminate the income caps on SS & Medicare taxes. That last one could possibly also reduce the rate (benefitting lower & middle classes up to the new breakeven) to say, 5%, and still generate more tax revenues by eliminating the cap.

That eliminates almost completely the impact on businesses, mostly hits the top 1% and benefits the middle/ lower classes (lower FICA taxes, etc.). It will be really hard motivating the midwestern voters to vote Republican by telling them their taxes were reduced by the Dems but increased on the top 1% and therefore... please vote Banana Republican.

14 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

So he shouldn't touch corporate taxes.

He should instead put back to prior standards the inheritance tax (I believe it was reduced, not eliminated), carry taxes, the real estate tax reductions that Trump demanded, capital gains tax rate, corporate min tax suggestion (doesn't increase their taxes, it just delays the ability to benefit from business loss carry-forwards), and eliminate the income caps on SS & Medicare taxes. That last one could possibly also reduce the rate (benefitting lower & middle classes up to the new breakeven) to say, 5%, and still generate more tax revenues by eliminating the cap.

That eliminates almost completely the impact on businesses, mostly hits the top 1% and benefits the middle/ lower classes (lower FICA taxes, etc.). It will be really hard motivating the midwestern voters to vote Republican by telling them their taxes were reduced by the Dems but increased on the top 1% and therefore... please vote Banana Republican.

Yup  - an "alternative minimum tax" equiv for corps and all individual income at one set of rates. With the reduction in the Corp tax rate, the argument that dividends and interest are seriously double taxed is no longer true. I guess I would leave a maybe 5% break on the long term/short term split, but that is all.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

I love when people talk about Trump as if he is a rational person, LOL.  

As far as funding, he'll just start some Save America Fund and continue to grift his supporters as he has for 7 years.  

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Trump is such a pouty lil' bitch he's going to run just to give a big FU to DeSantis & McConnell, etc.

Book it.

Right, he likes revenge and attention.  When are people going to figure out that he is insane and isn't going to think this through rationally?  

• Thanks 1

Good lord folks.  Please don't point to Warren and a political mistake she made that could have ruined so many other politicians and say it was a big deal, just because she was a women, and not expect me to joke about it.  If you reread my post, when I correctly stated that Santos is the extreme version of that one single thing Warren has done wrong as a person, it should have been obvious.  To ensure though, I add a statement that unlike Warren, he's got that extra variable that he's an idiot, undercutting my own 'argument' that maybe it was more than just being fake once that has him in extra hot water.

But then the follow up on "is that even true what Warren did?", the excuses for Warren, and the "both sidsin'".  That's great stuff there.  Always prepared to rally the wagons.

Back to Warren, Howard Dean would probably love to trade places with Warren and see how his life would have turned out if he turned out he lied about being an Indian rather than having to deal with the fallout of saying "....and Michigan, Ayeaaaaaa!"  I'm not saying women don't have their own unique challenges in running, but sometimes it's the craziest things that turn you off to the voters.

24 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Good lord folks.  Please don't point to Warren and a political mistake she made that could have ruined so many other politicians and say it was a big deal, just because she was a women, and not expect me to joke about it.  If you reread my post, when I correctly stated that Santos is the extreme version of that one single thing Warren has done wrong as a person, it should have been obvious.  To ensure though, I add a statement that unlike Warren, he's got that extra variable that he's an idiot, undercutting my own 'argument' that maybe it was more than just being fake once that has him in extra hot water.

But then the follow up on "is that even true what Warren did?", the excuses for Warren, and the "both sidsin'".  That's great stuff there.  Always prepared to rally the wagons.

Back to Warren, Howard Dean would probably love to trade places with Warren and see how his life would have turned out if he turned out he lied about being an Indian rather than having to deal with the fallout of saying "....and Michigan, Ayeaaaaaa!"  I'm not saying women don't have their own unique challenges in running, but sometimes it's the craziest things that turn you off to the voters.

Your post wasn't obviously sarcasm, because I've heard others say what she did was horrible while making excuses for some of the most vile disgusting policians out there.  

I like sarcasm, but I sometimes have a really difficult time distinguishing between when you are being serious and when you are being sarcastic.  Sometimes you go back and forth between the two in the same post.  

What Warren did definitely happened, but I still maintain it was pretty minor compared to other politicians.  I guess the fact that they keep pointing to the same thing with her over and over again indicates that she hasn't done a lot of bad things.  It's like Obame and the 52 states quote.  Trump got criticized for saying something stupid almost every day of his presidency and the retort was always what Obama and the 52 states.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Why do you care? What real, actual effect does this have on you? Or are you just snowflake who’s feelings are hurt by this?

Yes they are snowflakes.  They are afraid.  Personally I think the ones who make the issues out of things like this are the ones we need to worry about.  They are the ones monitoring pre-teen girls clothing choices.

17 minutes ago, oblong said:

So according to Mr. Canada Ted Cruz, Detroit is not "the border" with Canada then?

Ted's timing is exquistite. Where do you suppose Biden will be next week? Apparently on Ted's maps when you go south from San Diego you get to Arizona.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/politics/story/2023-03-08/president-biden-prime-ministers-san-diego

Edited by gehringer_2

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Your post wasn't obviously sarcasm, because I've heard others say what she did was horrible while making excuses for some of the most vile disgusting policians out there.  

I like sarcasm, but I sometimes have a really difficult time distinguishing between when you are being serious and when you are being sarcastic.  Sometimes you go back and forth between the two in the same post.  

What Warren did definitely happened, but I still maintain it was pretty minor compared to other politicians.  I guess the fact that they keep pointing to the same thing with her over and over again indicates that she hasn't done a lot of bad things.  It's like Obame and the 52 states quote.  Trump got criticized for saying something stupid almost every day of his presidency and the retort was always what Obama and the 52 states.  

Even my serious posts tend to have some sarcasm in there, for the record.  

As for Warren, it was not minor and it should not be equated to misstatements.  It was a lie that was purposefully done by Warren.  Rather it was a need to feel better about herself and identify that way, done to better her position at the college, or pushed on her by the college to help pad some stats to make them look more diverse, I can't say.  But it was a lie that she went along with.  

I'm not going to pretend I'm holier than thou and don't get into some petty arguments like making fun of Obama for saying 52 states or the globblity gook that comes out of Biden's mouth whenever he's aloud to talk outside of a rehearsed speech.  But I also have been equal opportunity and make fun of much of what I hear on the other side of the aisle too.

And speaking of Warren, just yesterday I listened to some clips of her grilling the Fed Reserve chief and she was pretty spot on IMO in regards to him slowing down the economy with higher interest rates.  That said, she wants her cake and eat it too with the fact that she fully supported all of the government response which has him in a tough spot trying to handle inflation.