Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

ChatGTP describing a fight between Biden and Trump in the voice of Kerouac:

If I were to describe a fight between Donald Trump and Joe Biden in the voice of Jack Kerouac, it might go something like this:

There they were, man, two old cats, faces twisted in anger, ready to tear each other to shreds. Trump, he was all bluster and bravado, like he was trying to prove something, you know? Biden, he was more reserved, like he was just waiting for the right moment to strike.

The crowd was going wild, man. They were shouting and hollering, like they were at some kind of gladiator match. But I could see it in their eyes, man, that they were hungry for blood.

And then it happened. Trump made a move, and Biden was on him like a tiger. They were grappling and punching, man, throwing wild haymakers and trying to take each other down.

It was brutal, man, like something out of a movie. They were both bleeding and bruised, but they just kept coming, like they were fueled by some kind of primal energy.

And then, just as suddenly as it had started, it was over. They were both lying on the ground, panting and gasping for breath. The crowd was silent, like they couldn't believe what they had just seen.

I don't know who won, man. I don't think anyone did. All I know is that it was a dark moment, a moment when the violence and anger that simmered just below the surface of our society boiled over into something truly ugly. And I hope to God we never have to see anything like it again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Where do we even start... lol

Can't wait to see those Senate TV ads in 2024. With an increasingly younger electorate, that is moving left, the type of rhetoric employed by Republicans is really quite astonishing. Raising the retirement age and cutting Social Security is not the way I'd be trying to win over an increasing share of the younger portion electorate. Hey kids, fuck you, I'll get mine now, but as far as it goes for you, you can retire when y'all are dead.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Can't wait to see those Senate TV ads in 2024. With an increasingly younger electorate, that is moving left, the type of rhetoric employed by Republicans is really quite astonishing. Raising the retirement age and cutting Social Security is not the way I'd be trying to win over an increasing share of the younger portion electorate. Hey kids, fuck you, I'll get mine now, but as far as it goes for you, you can retire when y'all are dead.

The use of "allow" by Senator Foghorn Leghorn is something even in context... like, believe it or not, a lot of us bratty, ungrateful youngsters are currently working and putting money into SSI, helping to fund the retirement of those currently at age and with the same promise that previous generations had that it would be there for us in the future.

Just the nerve of this guy....

34 minutes ago, pfife said:

Isn't life expectancy decreasing?  

Correct... ah say, ah say, Senator Leghorn doesn't have his facts straight on this as well. Seems like common knowledge that number has been heading in the wrong direction of late...

Life expectancy for people who keep on their medical situations and take all the vitamins and meds seems to be increasing.  But, the number of people who deliberately do not do these things and take things prescribed for them by TV personalities or their friends are getting the benefit of that "expertise."

23 hours ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

koBrmUd48KB6.jpeg

If you pay attention to Cramer, you deserve what you get! CNBC is the finanace version of Fox news. In a way, Cramer and Carlson are basically the same person journalistically speaking, in the sense that the show is 100% about stroking the viewer's existing sensibilities for ratings and not the value of any information presented.

Edited by gehringer_2

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

If you pay attention to Cramer, you deserve what you get! CNBC is the finanace version of Fox news. In a way, Cramer and Carlson are basically the same person journalistically speaking, in the sense that the show is 100% about stroking the viewer's existing sensibilities for ratings and not the value of any information presented.

Somebody told me there is an ETF that basically simulates shorting all of Cramer's recommendations.

• Haha 1

Free State of Florida

https://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-admin-revokes-hyatt-miami-alcohol-license-after-drag-show-2023-3?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

The DeSantis administration is revoking the Hyatt Regency Miami's alcohol license after one of its facilities hosted "A Drag Queen Christmas" with minors present in the audience.

The Department of Business and Professional Regulation filed a 17-page complaint Tuesday against the show's venue, the James L. Knight Center, which is affiliated with Hyatt. The show required people under 18 to be accompanied by an adult as a condition of being allowed to attend.

"A Drag Queen Christmas" is a holiday-themed drag show that tours in 36 different cities and features stars from the reality show "RuPaul's Drag Race."

The state's business department accused the Miami venue of several violations, including a prohibition of "lascivious exhibition" before people younger than 16, though it's not clear to what extent this law is generally enforced.