What Are You Listening To?

mtutiger

17 hours ago, oblong said:

Preferred her over Stevie.  Loved that soulful/bluesy voice.  Say you Love Me and You Make Loving Fun are my top 2 Mac songs.

Rumors doesn’t get enough credit on the all-time lists.    It’s a Fleetwood Mac greatest hits album on its own.  

Joe has a lot more songs than I realized when I did that a few years ago. Like an idiot I didn't even know of the James Gang.  I knew the songs obviously.

I got to see the Eagles in 2017 and while the show was heavily choreographed and exactly what you would expect and probably the same precise show they play every single night, seeing Joe play Hotel California even without Felder, was great.  I got free tickets so that helped.  No way I would pay Don Henley prices to see the band as they are today... no shot at Vince Gill either.   I like him.

I know we have some Billy Strings fans in here... he's playing Pine Knob on June 16.  Our boy is moving up.  I'm on the fence about going.  It's too far for me and depending on prices I dont know if it'll be worth it.  Not taking any initiative but if my buddy gets tickets then I'll go I guess.  

42 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I knew that I had listened to this song quite a big in 2022 but I was surprised it was my most played on Spotify given that the album's been out for several years now.

Colbert's show the other night was dedicated to Space Force.  He visited their base in Greenland.  They did a segment of Karaoke and Sturgill joined in.  He seemed a very good sport.

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

I know we have some Billy Strings fans in here... he's playing Pine Knob on June 16.  Our boy is moving up.  I'm on the fence about going.  It's too far for me and depending on prices I dont know if it'll be worth it.  Not taking any initiative but if my buddy gets tickets then I'll go I guess.  

I saw that.  Good for Billy. It’s a big move up for him.  I’ll probably try and go last minute depending on ticket prices.   

The Guardians movies have awesome soundtracks.  It directly ties in with the Peter Quill character. He was abducted from earth as a child in the mid 80a and he had his Walkman with him along with awesome mix tapes that his mom gave him.  His whole frame of reference is culture at that time. He always talked about how awesome Kevin  Bacon was because of footloose. So for Christmas his alien friends abduct Bacon as a present thinking it will cheer him up.  Hilarity ensues.  It’s a cute 45 minutes.  

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, oblong said:

I can remember when you could catch him locally in Traverse City on a week night

• Like 1

I went to Hamtramck on Saturday night to see some local music.  First time in a long time I've done that.  Have a friend very much into the scene.  Went to Planet Ant, in their ghost light room.  Maybe 50 people. It was fun.  I wish I could have stayed longer to hear Tony Muggs when his band got up there.