5/26 7:10 Guardians @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

And how about a .300-hitting Miggy? Who offered that one up as one of their bold predictions?

I recall people suggesting that he was the worst hitter in the lineup preseason.

We'll know they're going places when that is actually the case lol 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, casimir said:

If the plan is to tank and draft, they’ve got to hit on the picks.  Because otherwise they’ve had awful seasons with the big club, and they didn’t get the dividends that they were hoping for.

Still no answer? Who did you want them to take? A sure "hit"?

No the fact that some draft picks bust is part of the deal.

The near future is still a disaster because they did nothing else(positional player development, sign free agents, value trades, international signings) while the tank was on. 

They took the cheapest and easiest route. Lose and sell your fans on draft picks...50% will fail and pitchers have an even higher attrition rate.

The Castro/Cabrera pinch hitting debate from the Twins game was depressing more than anything.

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Right down there in the front right corner, those are lupins.  "Stand and deliver!  Throw down your lupins ", cried Denis Moore the highwayman.

he steals from the poor, and gives to the rich.....

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

This team is mired in mediocrity this year but damn, it feels good to win on a walk-off

Credit where due for the the alliteration, but ironically enough, the pitching has been superb and the the hitting atrocious, so our mediocrity exists purely as a matter of averaging...:classic_sad:

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Credit where due for the the alliteration, but ironically enough, the pitching has been superb and the the hitting atrocious, so our mediocrity exists purely as a matter of averaging...:classic_sad:

Ironic, maybe, but not surprising, since the focus was on right-handed pitching for most of the tank.

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

On the bright side, unless I'm misremembering from the last time I checked, their team xFIP has gone down some. So at least there's a chance the pitching isn't a pumpkin patch lol

Edited by mtutiger

4 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Still no answer? Who did you want them to take? A sure "hit"?

If the plan is to tank, which causes the MLB team to suffer, and draft high, which should eventually create enough talent to pull the team out of the basement, by all means, they better hit on the draft picks.  I realize not all draft picks pan out, but this is the path that they have chosen.

48 minutes ago, casimir said:

If the plan is to tank, which causes the MLB team to suffer, and draft high, which should eventually create enough talent to pull the team out of the basement, by all means, they better hit on the draft picks.  I realize not all draft picks pan out, but this is the path that they have chosen.

So they should have taken_________instead?

14 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Right down there in the front right corner, those are lupins.  "Stand and deliver!  Throw down your lupins ", cried Denis Moore the highwayman.

That’s the very first episode of Monty Python! I watched it just a couple days ago.