Hardknocks/Preseason Thread - Including OTAs

TP_Fan

36 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

First thought is that Boyle doesn’t get another shot anywhere but then I remember that Nathan Peterman still keeps getting invited to camps.

It’s astonishing that for a job that can pay $45 million a year there is so little available talent. And the talent gap between #1 and #21 (not to mention #41) is so vast. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

parker is a good practice squad candidate.  he started off well but fell off a bit, imo.  good news for jerry jacobs' prognosis?

i'm still hoping for a new backup qb...

Parker is probably better than the slot corners on a few teams rosters.  I think he’s got a good shot of landing on a 53 somewhere.  

6 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

When and why did Decker become the weakest link? Hopefully he performs during the regular season and doesn't make RT an issue.

I mean, a 78.9 is really good. He's the weakest link of a stacked offensive line. His pass blocking is 88.4 and run blocking 92.5. The penalties are what drove down his overall rating. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

eagles waived Carson Strong?

Id love to get Strong but I don't know if he would be a good backup but more of a long term project. I mean if we are fine with putting in a raw QB that is likely going to struggle in Strong and don't really care if we win or lose then I'd be fine with taking a flyer on him but if our objective is to get a backup that could potentially win us a 3 or so games if Goff were to miss a month or 2 than I don't think he would be the guy.  

I thought the guy was a potential 1st rounder? With a - pardon the expression - strong arm.

Not mobile, but a pretty decent pocket passer.

He ended up as an undrafted FA that the Eagles picked up for $300K.

I agree on the LT project... but if there's actually potential with this guy... then I pick him up as the 3rd QB and coach him up until he can push Blough out the door or, at least to the practice squad.

But that's just me. What is the issue that everyone is so down on him? That he fell all the way to undrafted...?

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-announce-roster-moves-x0035

Lions announce roster moves

Aug 30, 2022 at 04:02 PM

Allen Park, Mich.— The Detroit Lions announced today the following roster moves:

PLACED ON RESERVE/PUP:

• CB Jerry Jacobs

RELEASED:

• QB Tim Boyle
  • LB Jarrad Davis
  • TE Devin Funchess
  • DL Bruce Hector
  • RB Justin Jackson
  • T Kendall Lamm
  • T Dan Skipper

WAIVED:

• WR Maurice Alexander
  • CB Cedric Boswell
  • TE Derrick Deese
  • T Obinna Eze
  • CB Mark Gilbert
  • LB James Houston
  • RB Godwin Igwebuike
  • WR Tom Kennedy
  • CB A.J. Parker
  • K Riley Patterson
  • T Darrin Paulo
  • WR Kalil Pimpleton
  • LB Anthony Pittman
  • CB Saivion Smith

WAIVED INJURED:

• DL Eric Banks
  • WR Trinity Benson
  • DL Jashon Cornell
  • G Kevin Jarvis
  • S C.J. Moore
Edited by Hongbit

45 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’m surprised they kept 9 OL.   Although that could change.

They like Stenberg and Kraemer, and had to hold onto Brown (C) and Nelson (OT) as the only backups for those spots...

Maybe let go of Stenberg but... roster calls gotta be made somewhere so I guess they keep two guards.

I also am surprised Justin Jackson was cut... He seemed ahead of Jefferson in all phases (catching/ returns ability/ rushing too...).

39 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

It seems to me like there are too many players with roster spots in the front 7... At least 1 spot... we need all of Banks, Buggs & Cominsky (weird sounding lawyers group...)?

might be temporary.  they have a lot of injuries to guys they apparently dont want to put on ir/pup.

also, the lions have the #2 waiver spot.  they could be picking up guys really soon.