Religion

Tigermojo

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Churches already pay no taxes. Now we're giving them taxpayer-funded subsides? ****ing A, I gotta start my own church and get in on the grift.

We're giving millions of illegals coming across the southern border billions of dollars in taxpayer money. I don't see you complaining about that. They're not paying taxes either.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

We're giving millions of illegals coming across the southern border billions of dollars in taxpayer money. I don't see you complaining about that. They're not paying taxes either.

Yup - I'm sure those millions of people working at the discounted labor rates that American business can only get away with to illegals are costing the US economy billions net/net. More RW fantasy logic.

Only in American RW double-think are the exploited blamed as exploiters. Well, maybe also Putin's Russia.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, MIguy said:

Speaking of religion, 💩 sure hit the fan in Israel today.  Hamas might have caught Israel by surprise, but they are going to get absolutely obliterated once the IDF launches a counteroffensive.   

I don’t there is any “might have” to it honestly. Mossad and the other intelligence apparatus will be under serious scrutiny, post crisis. It’s like 1973 all over again, unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, MIguy said:

Speaking of religion, 💩 sure hit the fan in Israel today.  Hamas might have caught Israel by surprise, but they are going to get absolutely obliterated once the IDF launches a counteroffensive.   

There are definitely toxic cultures out there - sometimes related to religion but not necessarily. The Russians have been just as murderous as Islamic radicals like Hamas - and Putin would claim it's being done in the service the Orthodox church, but since half of his army is actually Muslim that probably doesn't really wash either.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

It turns out signaling to the entire world that the US isn't going to stand by it's allies, to the point where they'll shut down the government to not stand by our allies, isn't a good idea.

Who are we not standing with?   Additionally there is no way Hamas saw what happened in the house a few days ago and coordinated this attack in that time period.

7 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Who are we not standing with?   Additionally there is no way Hamas saw what happened in the house a few days ago and coordinated this attack in that time period.

Ukraine funding is very publicly in peril thanks to the GOP.   Did you forget already?

My non-amateur (but not guided by any actual official dispatches) analysis: 

Why now:  This attack came at a time when Saudi and other gulf state oligarchs were doing a top-down effort to create peace in the ME.  The US in political chaos over Tuberville and the lack of a Congressional leader creates the impression that US support for any of our allies is waivering.  The best way to disrupt that if you are Iran is to drive an attack on Israel.  Russia also certainly benefits from chaos in the Levant.  The Leninist model of chaos-as-a-ladder.   

Possible Impact: 

• Possible US conflict with Iran on the horizon.  That is probably good for the Iranian regime (from their viewpoint). 
  • US MAGAs can further drive the "bunch a warmongers" storyline against the normies.  Which provides relief for Russia in Ukraine.
  • US could rally politically if normies in the House select a responsible Speaker as a stop gap during this time of chaos.  If Mitch punishes Tuberville..all to the good.

2 hours ago, pfife said:

Ukraine funding is very publicly in peril thanks to the GOP.   Did you forget already?

You guys seem to think congress holds the purse string, this is 2023, not 1789-2000.  There was always going to be a continuing resolution hammered out by a few select folks.  Even if it drops direct Ukraine funding to give a 'win' to the GOP, it'll still have some backdoor that allows other funds to be sent to Ukraine.  The war machine always gets theirs.

Unless Gaetz wins the speakership (which if a vote was held today he'd probably be about 217 votes shy) this is what will happen.

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

You guys seem to think congress holds the purse string, this is 2023, not 1789-2000.  There was always going to be a continuing resolution hammered out by a few select folks.  Even if it drops direct Ukraine funding to give a 'win' to the GOP, it'll still have some backdoor that allows other funds to be sent to Ukraine.  The war machine always gets theirs.

Unless Gaetz wins the speakership (which if a vote was held today he'd probably be about 217 votes shy) this is what will happen.

50% of the MAGA party voted against Ukraine aid in the last vote.  ****burgers are showing their ****.

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I agree that you believe that.

• Thanks 1