The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

So the party of limited government and mistrust of government now wants the federal government to setup an entire department to domestically spy on kids and young men? I have big problems with what the Bush/Obama NSA were doing and don't want to expand that. How about we try gun safety reforms, mental healthcare, and wrapped around/social support services first. Maybe try expanding Medicaid in Georgia to increase access to mental healthcare.

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

wat

I did not realize he was in this bad shape. This is a friendly media outlet where he knew what the questions would be. I see why he did not debate GOPs, and will not debate the reverend. Sad. Sadder when he wins.

Edited by RatkoVarda

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

A recent poll had Carl Marlinga leading John James in MI-10. I believe it was a liberal leaning poll. I'm not hopeful but at least I know who I'm voting for in the primary. 

https://www.macombdaily.com/2022/06/05/poll-marlinga-holds-big-lead-for-primary-narrow-margin-over-john-james/

Macomb Daily reported on a poll from Ed Sarpolus at Target Insyght that had it Marlinga 44% and James 40%. Sapolus is a middle of the road, non-bias pollster I believe. I don't think he is a Dem-affiliated pollster.

Daily Beast: Herschel Walker Says He’s a Model Dad. He Has a Secret Son.

Quotes from Walker about deadbeat dads . . .

“And I want to apologize to the African-American community, because the fatherless home is a major, major problem,” Walker said in a September 2020 interview, adding that he had been “like a father to some of those kids that had never had fathers.”

The month before, Walker—who co-parented his 22-year-old son, Christian with both his ex-wife and current wife—told right-wing internet personalities Diamond and Silk that if you have “a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman… you don’t leave the child.”

LOL, projection as always. Herschel Walker criticizes absentee fathers and has a son he has no contact with. He's a deadbeat dad himself.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

3 hours ago, oblong said:

It's borderline abuse what they are putting him through.  The guy's obviously got issues from concussions and someone needs to step in and put a stop to this.  

Same thing apparently goes with Diane Feinstein. When someone has a serious brain health issue, unlike what Arch always claims about Biden, it is wrong to put that person through the rigors of running for office and a disservice to have them serving as a public official. I agree with you that based on the comments Walker has made previously and based on him having played football for a long period of time in his life, that CTE may be an issue there. I am not a doctor or medical professional, so for me to firmly say he has CTE would be wrong. I am not claiming CTE is a thing with Herschel Walker and don't have the professional knowledge about brain trauma and CTE to make that armchair diagnosis. But for his own sake (and that of the countries) I hope he loses and gets the professional, medical help he may well need.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Same thing apparently goes with Diane Feinstein. When someone has a serious brain health issue, unlike what Arch always claims about Biden, it is wrong to put that person through the rigors of running for office and a disservice to have them serving as a public official. I agree with you that based on the comments Walker has made previously and based on him having played football for a long period of time in his life, that CTE may be an issue there. I am not a doctor or medical professional, so for me to firmly say he has CTE would be wrong. I am not claiming CTE is a thing with Herschel Walker and don't have the professional knowledge about brain trauma and CTE to make that armchair diagnosis. But for his own sake (and that of the countries) I hope he loses and gets the professional, medical help he may well need.

When the family of Bruce Willis came out and said he’s done acting and you look at his last few years and do some research you find the same thing.  He was being used as a gravy train by some people.  

Looks like Oz is trying to deploy the Youngkin strategy. Run as a MAGA without mentioning TRUMP.

If I was Fetterman I'd push the fact that Oz tied his wagon to Trump and now is trying to ignore him. Keep reminding voters that Oz is also from Turkey and NJ. 

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Looks like Oz is trying to deploy the Youngkin strategy. Run as a MAGA without mentioning TRUMP.

If I was Fetterman I'd push the fact that Oz tied his wagon to Trump and now is trying to ignore him. Keep reminding voters that Oz is also from Turkey and NJ. 

Focus on the latter.