The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

30 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

More evidence the Pa GQOP Sen race is rigged...

These guys can't even run a simple state primary, let alone a state or nation..

that's the point.  Screw it up then say "Ok... the legislature has to cast the EC votes".  This is a trial run to... get it wrong.

47 minutes ago, oblong said:

that's the point.  Screw it up then say "Ok... the legislature has to cast the EC votes".  This is a trial run to... get it wrong.

Those are the “something is wrong” bells that rang in my head as well…. A trial run.

• Like 1

That's probably what the plan is. It's probably also the holdup in getting a final tally. I was just riffing on the QPublican line in 2020 that the results should be in by the end of Election Day.

All the gyrations of the final tabs in the QGOP Senate race does seem a it fishy however. 

WaPo: Trump: Counting ballots after election night ‘totally inappropriate’

Counting ballots the next day after an election night was something we were told was "totally inappropriate" and that counting after election night is "not by our laws". We were told that counting ballots should end on election night and that doing so was voter fraud. Now I see in the PA Senate Republican Primary that they are still counting ballots the next day and Trump's endorsed candidate Dr. Oz might win as a result of that. So is that voter fraud? Should McCormick be made the winner instead?

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

they know they are lying and being hypocrites and their supporters know that too.  It simply doesn't matter anymore.  As long as that person's side is winning.  The argument made before doesn't matter to the argument made today.  Our political world is a new thing now.  Old rules don't apply.

10 minutes ago, oblong said:

they know they are lying and being hypocrites and their supporters know that too.  It simply doesn't matter anymore.  As long as that person's side is winning.  The argument made before doesn't matter to the argument made today.  Our political world is a new thing now.  Old rules don't apply.

I don't think Trump knows he's lying. I think he is so delusional, stupid, and lost in his own woods that he can't discern fact from fiction or identify and understand legal procedure or electoral processes. What's in his mind must be true because he thought it or said it. I think the average elected Republican who trots out behind him, shoveling the horse shit in the Trump parade understands counting ballots after election night or counting mail in ballots separate from election day votes is harmless and routine, but they're too afraid to say anything about it. The irony that Trumped-endorsed candidate Dr. Oz will win the PA Republican Senate Primary because of votes counted after election day and possibly due to mail-in absentee votes is just too good.

20 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't think Trump knows he's lying.

Sure - there is level at which 'truth' is not really an operative concept for a sociopath. Doesn't excuse it, but from his perspective he is just saying what is right, because what makes a thing right is that it is in his interest. There is no  standard outside of that one.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Sure - there is level at which 'truth' is not really an operative concept for a sociopath. Doesn't excuse it, but from his perspective he is just saying what is right, because what makes a thing right is that it is in his interest. There is no  standard outside of that one.

Which is why you can't have a sociopath or a pathological liar for a President or in any type of executive leadership role. Beyond the problem with the lies themselves, of which there are many, it leads to poor and incorrect decision making.

On 5/18/2022 at 3:37 PM, oblong said:

They'll take it on step farther. If the Insurrectionist wins the governorship in Pa (and other states) the GQOP controlled legislature will pass laws that will automatically allow the legislature to choose a slate of electors in 2024

Edited by CMRivdogs