2022 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

21 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Would anyone trade Skuball for Joe Adell or is he a bust ? Or Marsh ?

I wouldn’t for either, but maybe as part of a package.  Angels are a mess right now—with Trout’s health uncertainty, Rendon’s decline and Ohtani potentially getting traded before his free agency, will be interesting how they proceed.  Without that uncertainty, Skubal would have made a ton of sense for them.

Still think that the best overall pairing for a Skubal trade are the Cards. They really could use Skubal, and they have a lot of what the Tigers do not have in terms of major league or cusp of major league bats.

But I dont think it's happening, not should it

Edited by mtutiger

15 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I’ve read the Cardinals are in the mix for Juan Soto—I don’t see any team that is interested in him (or Ohtani for that matter), trading any prospects until this gets resolved.  

Which is why ...

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

Good landing spot for him—a well run franchise that seems to always be in contention with a steady flow of young prospects.

Agree. Maybe the best franchise for a player. Full house most games and positive crowd plus mid country geography makes travel easier. 

On 7/26/2022 at 7:10 PM, mtutiger said:

I'm sure multiple execs have absolutely no motivation for leaking their thoughts and speculations to the press. None whatsoever lol

Sure enough, Cody Stavenhagen this morning on his podcast suggested that some of the execs talking to Rosenthal about Skubal may have been engaging in some gamesmanship to basically put out there that there could potentially be other options should Luis Castillo exit the market.

Edited by mtutiger

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

That's an eye-popping haul for Hader

Hader's not the Crew's #1 reliever anymore, but he does have an extra year of control that Taylor Rogers does not. It'll be interesting to see what the Padres see in Hader that the Brewers are missing. Apparently that extra year is more important to the Padres than the Brewers. Off the bat, this looks like a pretty decent swap for both sides.

22 minutes ago, kdog said:

A mid market team that doesn't use the crutch of bad contracts or bad luck and complain through their proxy media mouthpieces. It must be nice.

imagine having a GM with the vision and confidence to trade our closer when you are up 3 games in the standings?