Abortion and the Politics of Reproductive Rights in the Post-Roe Era

chasfh

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Agreed, I just like hearing this from a non right wing nut job. It's a conversation that needs to be had at this point. Maybe women should be the only ones allowed to vote when it comes to states opting in or out for abortions? Sounds fair to me.

What conversation?  That a woman should bleed out for 10 days while a dying fetus is inside of her and our right to life religious but jobs just shrug their shoulders?

57 minutes ago, oblong said:

What conversation?  That a woman should bleed out for 10 days while a dying fetus is inside of her and our right to life religious but jobs just shrug their shoulders?

Conversation like that in states that are banning abortions. There has to be exceptions like the woman’s health, rape, etc. They need to invest in programs that help these women and their child.  It has to go hand in hand, I know it won’t but it should.

Those conversations did exist in those states prior to the recent Christian taliban Supreme Court ruling.  The ruling made those conversations outdated and illegal. Pro life politicians have no interest in having them and neither do their voters.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Conversation like that in states that are banning abortions. There has to be exceptions like the woman’s health, rape, etc. They need to invest in programs that help these women and their child.  It has to go hand in hand, I know it won’t but it should.

If ”right-to-lifers” want to ban abortion but allow exceptions for rape, incest, or any of it, then it’s not about right to life for them, because rape and incest babies are just as much lives, too. It’s about replacing women prerogative with their own.

25 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If ”right-to-lifers” want to ban abortion but allow exceptions for rape, incest, or any of it, then it’s not about right to life for them, because rape and incest babies are just as much lives, too. It’s about replacing women prerogative with their own.

They can't live with the pretzel logic they wrapped themselves in.  "It's murder... but you shouldn't murder someone else to stop that murder but it's the same.  Something something"

42 minutes ago, oblong said:

They can't live with the pretzel logic they wrapped themselves in.  "It's murder... but you shouldn't murder someone else to stop that murder but it's the same.  Something something"

sadly I don't think they give a shit about their pretzel logic.   If they did it would be a first.

So, 35 arrested at an abortion rights rally in D.C. yesterday, including 17 congressional people. I’ve included their names in an attachment.  I’d like to personally thank the ONE man who put himself out there - Congressman Andy Levin of Michigan’s9th district.  Aren’t there like … oh, I don’t know…. a couple hundred more male Democratic congressmen…. Couldn’t a few more have joined that protest?  

This needs to NOT be thought of as strictly a woman’s issue.  

Very frustrating.

17B2D40B-29DD-45CA-880D-CF9D5AE0C575.png

They should all be removed from office. Their job is to make laws, not to protest a SCOTUS decision. If they knew their jobs and the Constitution they would understand the ruling.  Its  easier to act stupid and anti-American than do the job you were elected to do when you are a democrat.  They are an embarrassment to the country.  Thanks for posting their names.

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

They should all be removed from office. Their job is to make laws, not to protest a SCOTUS decision. If they knew their jobs and the Constitution they would understand the ruling.  Its  easier to act stupid and anti-American than do the job you were elected to do when you are a democrat.  They are an embarrassment to the country.  Thanks for posting their names.

Lol. You are an embarrassment to this country. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Lol. You are an embarrassment to this country. 

Thats funny.  The guy who supports freedom, safe and fair elections, the Constitution, law and order, national security, etc, etc is called an embarrasment.  At least I'm not on here calling people names that don't agree with me.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Archie said:

Antibiotics are so important in containing the spread of Chlamydia.  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, oblong said:

I was thinking about that after I posted. The use of that word is very insensitive to the often very difficult position a woman and her doctors face.  It’s insulting.  Like if you don’t agree with him then you are just a weak person.  Get that machismo bullshit out of here. 

At most academic institutions the football coach is likely as not going to be an intellectual embarrassment. You can only hope he doesn't do exactly what Harbaugh often does in making his lower candle power ruminations (Chicken for dinner anyone?) a focal point for the University's public image.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Antibiotics are so important in containing the spread of Chlamydia.  

Nice post for a 8 year old. If you are a doctor why don't you go to Washington DC and help biden with his dementia.  Jill could use a break feeding him too so you will have plenty to do.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Last time I checked you called me Barney a lot and that's not my name

quite the lie there Archie

Barney as in Barney Fife. You are too young to understand but don't get your sensitive feelings hurt because its a term of endearment.  If I wanted to offend you I know a lot of bad words. And here I thought we were friends?

4 minutes ago, Archie said:

Barney as in Barney Fife. You are too young to understand but don't get your sensitive feelings hurt because its a term of endearment.  If I wanted to offend you I know a lot of bad words. And here I thought we were friends?

Term of endearment?  If we were friends you wouldn't treat me like I was born yesterday

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

Term of endearment?  If we were friends you wouldn't treat me like I was born yesterday

I'm sorry you feel that way. I will try to do better but I won't become a liberal for you. I have to draw the line somewhere.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I will try to do better but I won't become a liberal for you. I have to draw the line somewhere.

you definitely don't have to do it for pfife, but it might be a good idea to do it for the future of your country's status as a democratic republic.....

.....just sayin'.

:classic_dry:

• Like 3