Abortion and the Politics of Reproductive Rights in the Post-Roe Era

chasfh

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

That's another thing that a lot of people do not understand.  When a woman has a later term abortion, it is usually a child that the woman wanted to have and having to abort it is devastating.  

For sure. Friends of mine went through that a couple years ago, right around six months. Just horrible for them.

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

That's another thing that a lot of people do not understand.  When a woman has a later term abortion, it is usually a child that the woman wanted to have and having to abort it is devastating.  

To the evil people they think it’s a bunch of loose women who want consequence free sex and dammit that’s only allowed for youth pastors and Republican members of congress. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think most women right now are trying to  control their rage.  You may not see it, but they’re angry and fearful for themselves, their daughters, their granddaughters, their nieces, their sisters, their friends.  
If things continue on this downward trend, you WILL start to see/hear about people YOU know bearing the unbearable.  There will be deaths. There will be life-changing despair. 

These are YOUR wives, sisters, daughters, nieces, granddaughters, friends.

This matters. 
And I am angry. Very.

• Like 5

On 3/13/2023 at 1:41 PM, CMRivdogs said:

Could a "pro-lifer" please explain why there are no penalties for the fertilizer (and I mean the term both ways).

What's good for the goose should be good for the gander...

I saw this and thought it was a joke.  I looked it up:

Republican legislators in South Carolina have proposed a bill to change the state’s laws, making a fertilised egg or embryo a person and charging a woman who has an abortion with murder, which carries a 30 year prison sentence or the death penalty.1 Henry McMaster, the state’s Republican governor, has said that he would sign anti-abortion regulations.

Lordy...they bring bat**** crazy to new levels.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

7-2 for a full stay to keep the drug legal. 

Guess who the two were? 

Samuel "Handmaid's Tale" Alito

and

Clarence "Pubic Hair on my Coke" Thomas,   who should no longer be a Justice anyway. 

When I heard 7-2  instantly knew who the 2 were. 

the only thing you can hope for until one or both of them die is that they continue to get so wacko that even the other 4 conservatives start to feel good about disagreeing with them.

21 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

the only thing you can hope for until one or both of them die is that they continue to get so wacko that even the other 4 conservatives start to feel good about disagreeing with them.

Clarence is like Westley from Princess Bride, he's mostly dead already.    Lost his soul a long time ago.   He's been a walking corpse ever since.  That's why he's not sweating the latest scandal, he'll croak before anything happens.