Abortion and the Politics of Reproductive Rights in the Post-Roe Era

chasfh

30 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Most of the people that can do anything about it do not care because they they will always have access.  

In this instance, military personnel, (and not necessarily anyone that had anything to do with an abortion) are being denied promotions just because Tuberville has a beef with the DOD’s policy re: abortion.

Isn’t there even any military person (currently or retired) that wants to open their damn mouth about the total unfairness of this?  And anyone have the balls to tell Tuberville to get his flippin’ nose out of someone’s vagina?

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

In this instance, military personnel, (and not necessarily anyone that had anything to do with an abortion) are being denied promotions just because Tuberville has a beef with the DOD’s policy re: abortion.

Isn’t there even any military person (currently or retired) that wants to open their damn mouth about the total unfairness of this?  And anyone have the balls to tell Tuberville to get his flippin’ nose out of someone’s vagina?

It has always baffled me that the military supports these ultra right, Putin loving, draft dodging maggots.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Archie said:

Its not a ban. It gives them 12 weeks to decide if the want to kill off their child which is more than enough time. 

Ignorant.

You are not pro life.  You have no idea on medical issues and the body.

19 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Horrifying.

Maybe Ron should pick up the tab for the hell they have been subjected to

"It didn’t occur to her that fallout from the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn a half-century constitutional right to abortion would affect them."

Most likely a Republican who voted for Trump and Desantis. 

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, oblong said:

Looks like the kind of law of convenience where they won't actively monitor roads for scofflaws, but rather will either go after someone on hearsay—which seems pretty likely—or else layer this on top of other charges they bring.

• 2 months later...

“It’s Gods will”. 

that’s their logic.  They will invent some legal pretzel logic to fit the agenda but the core mission is based on that. Women to them serve one purpose, to birth children. If they can’t do that effectively then like Nazis they figure they are broken people and their lives are not worth saving or supporting.  

23 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Why would any reasonable woman want to stay in a red state at this point?

The state government is good to me. 

What other state government would love me.

The state government was just joking.

I deserved the state taking away my rights.

The state government just sometimes loses its cool. 

On 1/10/2024 at 12:23 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Why would any reasonable woman want to stay in a red state at this point?

Please tell me you’ve considered that leaving might be financially unrealistic, or might not have the freedom to do so.

Also, if you’re going to ask that question of women, might we not also ask it  of men - who have wives, mothers, sisters, nieces, granddaughters, etc?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

True story: I've had discussions on abortion in the past where I've been assured that nothing would happen on IVF, despite the obvious incongruity of taking hard pro-life positions with the practice.

Alabama's ruling just shows that everything is on the table.