2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

16 hours ago, chasfh said:

States’ rights is practically the textbook definition of fascism, which elevates the rights of the state above the rights of the people.

incredibly well said

Posted (edited)

it is pretty funny that it's apparently super bad if the FEDERAL government takes a right, but if a state government does it, punch me in the stick and call me marge that's awesome 

what a stupid thing to be concerned about

Edited by pfife

1 minute ago, pfife said:

it is pretty funny that it's apparently super bad if the FEDERAL government takes a right, but if a state government does it, punch me in the stick and call me marge that's awesome 

I tried!

image.thumb.png.9ee76f27bea3026d3f30676177347451.png

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Are these direct contributions only, or does this include dark super PAC money?

This isn't contributions but future ad reservations. Republicans can make it up but something tells me Trump is syphoning a lot of the money for these future ad buys. 

Not saying it's untrue, necessarily, but this is pretty much what we could expect a story about a national DCCC-commissioned poll that doesn't provide any link to the questions to report. There is a chance it's just an endorphin story.

Funny thing is all the border states are blue except one, and the one that isn't has been trending blue the past several elections and all the areas along the border are blue. The border is mostly any issue in states thousands of miles from the southern and on a totally different border. 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I dont know whether it's more salient than immigration or not, but this is about as clear of evidence that you will see in terms of how Trump himself sees the issue as lethal

But also, to Kapur’s point, Trump has revealed that his whole strategy of any-election-I-lose-must-be-fraud to be completely full of ****.

I wonder what a person like this thinks women's rights, LGBTQ rights, civil rights, voting rights, and reproductive rights will look like after 4 years of Trump and him appointing god knows how many more conservative justices and potentially getting yet another Supreme Court appointment?

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

potentially getting yet another Supreme Court appointment?

two more for sure - Alito and Thomas would definitely retire under Trump so he could appoint a pair of 45-year old MAGA freaks.

and maybe 3 if Sotomayor dies

that would bring the total to 5 - maybe 6 - Supreme Court justices appointed by Trump

add John Roberts and the 6-3 (or 7-2) court would roll back everything until it is the 1950s

Obergefell would be first case they would overturn. Then Miranda. Then Sullivan.

32 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I wonder what a person like this thinks women's rights, LGBTQ rights, civil rights, voting rights, and reproductive rights will look like after 4 years of Trump and him appointing god knows how many more conservative justices and potentially getting yet another Supreme Court appointment?

She was in high school during Trump, probably in an area where people love Trump, so she probably wasn't even paying attention and maybe thought he wasn't really a bad guy because that's not what she was hearing.

55 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You should get to know better people.

Exactly what I was thinking...

"I don't want to know ANY of the young people that Ronz is hanging out with..."

I'm a boomer anyways so I wouldn't be welcome which is fine by me. I couldn't stand this level of ignorance or stupidity (whichever one applies).