2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

55 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

so this shift is going to help statewide Dems and Biden. The implications for House races depends on how many are within the margin of the shift vs how many are so lopsided that 10% still doesn't flip them - as in this case. Sadly, I imagine most are in that category.

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

so this shift is going to help statewide Dems and Biden. The implications for House races depends on how many are within the margin of the shift vs how many are so lopsided that 10% still doesn't flip them - as in this case. Sadly, I imagine most are in that category.

going from 90% in rurals to 75% in rurals is going to make a massive impact in the 2024 race. 

5 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Donald Trump has been complaining he can't campaign because he has to be in court. Since there's no court today, where is his rally going to be at? Or is he at home, sleeping in? 😁

Isn't being in court a core campaign tactic for him?

Just now, chasfh said:

Isn't being in court a core campaign tactic for him?

He thinks it is but, as has been proven, he a dunce. Stupid. He's losing support. Haley isn't even on the ballot in Pennsylvania and she took over 100k votes from the moron. He's toast.

9 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

He thinks it is but, as has been proven, he a dunce. Stupid. He's losing support. Haley isn't even on the ballot in Pennsylvania and she took over 100k votes from the moron. He's toast.

Well, all I said was it's a core campaign tactic. I didn't say it's going to win him the election ... 😁

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

But Trump is leading by a huge margin with folks who listen to their crazy brother in law. The one who always has those fantastic stock tips and can coach the local team better than the actual guy in charge.

Regrettably, they vote, too.

They are voting for the personality more than the fascism. Not that they are anti-fascism, or even agnostic about it, but if it weren’t for the personality, they wouldn’t be voting at all. They certainly wouldn’t be coming to the polls if Mike Johnson were running, and he is easily as fascist as Trump, if not more.

That’s going to be the challenge for the Profa movement after Trump leaves the scene: getting someone with a personality to front it. The personality wouldn’t even have to know what he’s doing. Kid Rock would do, if he could get the olds to show up. And Don Jr doesn’t have anywhere near the broad-based charisma that Agent Orange has, try though they might. It will be an actual quandary for them, which is why this election is probably the last best chance they will have for maybe decades to win and finally destroy democracy.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

They are voting for the personality more than the fascism. Not that they are anti-fascism, or even agnostic about it, but if it weren’t for the personality, they wouldn’t be voting at all. They certainly wouldn’t be coming to the polls if Mike Johnson were running, and he is easily as fascist as Trump, if not more.

That’s going to be the challenge for the Profa movement after Trump leaves the scene: getting someone with a personality to front it. The personality wouldn’t even have to know what he’s doing. Kid Rock would do, if he could get the olds to show up. And Don Jr doesn’t have anywhere near the broad-based charisma that Agent Orange has, try though they might. It will be an actual quandary for them, which is why this election is probably the last best chance they will have for maybe decades to win and finally destroy democracy.

The question that strikes me is the degree to which the currently uniformed voter becomes more informed as the election nears and whether the trend that the more informed voter moves to Biden holds for the 'recently informed' voter or not.

57 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

But Trump is leading by a huge margin with folks who listen to their crazy brother in law. The one who always has those fantastic stock tips and can coach the local team better than the actual guy in charge.

That is surprising because I assumed that people that still read newspapers daily tended to be elderly and out of touch.  Also wealthy!  I'd probably still have newspaper subscriptions if they were not so expensive.  

33 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The majority of people don't care that much, so peronality matters a lot.  Trump's fake tough guy routine and cultivated working man accent helps him a lot with males. 

Edited by Tiger337

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The majority of people don't care that much, so peronality matters a lot.  Trump's fake tough guy routine and cultivated working man accent helps him a lot with males. 

I have noted on a few occasions here that his Queens stevedore accent is a huge part of his appeal. If he talked like Bill Buckley he'd be just another criminal real estate nobody.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

I have noted on a few occasions here that his Queens stevedore accent is a huge part of his appeal. If he talked like Bill Buckley he'd be just another criminal real estate nobody.

(Just so you know, most NY’ers hate the Queens accent) 😂

• Haha 1