07/08/2022 8:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

casimir

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IdahoBert changed the title to 07/08/2022 8:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox
4 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Babs is history. She sleeps with the fishes. Fogettabout her. 😉

Conklin:  Let's ask Marie what she thinks.

Bourne:  Marie's dead.

Conklin:  I'm sorry to hear that...how did that happen?

Bourne:  She was slowing me down.

• Haha 1

I thought Miggy stood a legitimate chance of being the Tigers' All Star rep, straight up, if for no other reason than he is batting .300.

Unless he has two more horrific starts, I guess that probably means Tarik Skubal goes as the real rep.

40 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I thought Miggy stood a legitimate chance of being the Tigers' All Star rep, straight up, if for no other reason than he is batting .300.

Unless he has two more horrific starts, I guess that probably means Tarik Skubal goes as the real rep.

I'm glad Miggy will be there. I think he's deserving of it this year. For me Skubal would need to pitch a couple complete game no hitters to be an all star.  The wheels have completely fallen off his game the last few starts.  I don't think Soto should be considered either.

15 minutes ago, Archie said:

I'm glad Miggy will be there. I think he's deserving of it this year. For me Skubal would need to pitch a couple complete game no hitters to be an all star.  The wheels have completely fallen off his game the last few starts.  I don't think Soto should be considered either.

Skubal has by far the best record on the team, and is the closest on our roster to All-Star quality, even with his poor recent starts, excepting Riley who may or may not even be eligible. My worry is that the reason Skubal has been doing poorly lately is that he might be hurt. If true, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Dodger Stadium a week from Tuesday, except after buying a ticket.

If we're going to send a reliever, might as well be Alex Lange. He and Soto (closer or not) have similar numbers, but Lange has a better K/9 and GB% and, not for nothing, ERA and FIPs.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Skubal has by far the best record on the team, and is the closest on our roster to All-Star quality, even with his poor recent starts, excepting Riley who may or may not even be eligible. My worry is that the reason Skubal has been doing poorly lately is that he might be hurt. If true, I wouldn't want him anywhere near Dodger Stadium a week from Tuesday, except after buying a ticket.

If we're going to send a reliever, might as well be Alex Lange. He and Soto (closer or not) have similar numbers, but Lange has a better K/9 and GB% and, not for nothing, ERA and FIPs.

Chafin might get a look? 11 holds on the year.

45 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Hopefully, Skubal has turned the corner. 🤣🤣

I hope so.  I don't have a good feeling lately when he (or Soto) are on the mound.   This would be a good day to turn things around.  There's no other team I like to beat more than the White Sox.  And six in a row sounds good.

I think Tork’s issue may be mental. If he could ever string several games together where he’s getting on base and moving runners over I believe it would be a big plus for him. I had hoped Greene joining the team might get him started but I believe Greene’s hot start may have even put more pressure on Tork. He’s too good to struggle forever.