Torkelson - 1B

Greene - RF

Correa - SS

Candelario - 3B

Miggy - DH

Schoop - 2B

Haase - C

Hill - CF

We can do liberal substituting with Grossman and any other OF'ers (Cameron/ Reyes if he's still in the picture). But I would like Hill to start in CF and Hinch manage all the bench substitutions/ platoons, etc., wherever they may fall. But I'm going to go defense 1st in CF and let the bats determine how that works out for PA's...

Just now, lordstanley said:

It would certainly make sense. Seems like it is time. Has there been an announcement?

No, there hasn't, but he does not travel anymore (could be an exception with the last road trip), but he's been in declining health and you can really hear it.     He's never been a silver-tongued smoothie on the air, but he's alright.  We know his history with the team and the area, so we can deal with it.    I know they've used various other folks.    Bring Rod Allen back.  At least he's entertaining.    Maybe they keep going with a rotation.  I'd like Austin Jackson to get more of a tryout.  

9 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

In 2022 I would prefer:

Baddoo - LF

Torkelson - 1B

Greene - RF

Correa - SS

Candelario - 3B

Miggy - DH

Schoop - 2B

Haase - C

Hill - CF

We can do liberal substituting with Grossman and any other OF'ers (Cameron/ Reyes if he's still in the picture). But I would like Hill to start in CF and Hinch manage all the bench substitutions/ platoons, etc., wherever they may fall. But I'm going to go defense 1st in CF and let the bats determine how that works out for PA's...

The only Tiger in action next year will be Robbie Grossman, who will be their MLBPA Rep, reporting to us that the two sides are not getting close to a deal.       I guess the advantage to that is it will give Green, Tork, Ryan K and Co more time to develop in the minors.    Will Bally's show Mud Hen games? 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

No, there hasn't, but he does not travel anymore (could be an exception with the last road trip), but he's been in declining health and you can really hear it.     He's never been a silver-tongued smoothie on the air, but he's alright.  We know his history with the team and the area, so we can deal with it.    I know they've used various other folks.    Bring Rod Allen back.  At least he's entertaining.    Maybe they keep going with a rotation.  I'd like Austin Jackson to get more of a tryout.  

While younger than Price (80 next month), I'm not sure how many more years Mickey Redmond (73) will stick around either. Jim Hughson, the top Hockey Night in Canada PBP, just retired at 64 earlier this month. Paul Carey retired at 63.

24 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I randomly did a Jim Price search on Twitter, and this was one of the first things to come up. I’d forgotten about this guy and his odd gifs. 

He still does his gifs on twitter....oh that is twitter!  

Edited by Tiger337

1 hour ago, JackPine said:

Good take by niko....

If Manning had had the K zone Niko just got, he'd have pitched a shutout.

Ridiculous umpiring with the game on the line. OTOH, if Niko had even the hint of rumor of a rep for knowing the K zone, he might get one of those once in a while.

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

So is this the kind of thing LaRusso would instigate? 

In LaRussa’s defense, I would think this specific incident is all on Abreu.  He got hit with an 0-2.  Sure, it probably hurt like heck since it was in the elbow.  But it’s an 0-2 pitch in a one run game.  Get a brain, moran.

And I would think this is the last thing LaRussa wants right now.  He’s already stated he’s not worried about seeding.  There’s no way he wants to risk anyone getting hurt in an on field fracas a week out of the playoffs.

Plus he was probably napping at the time.

13 hours ago, casimir said:

In LaRussa’s defense, I would think this specific incident is all on Abreu.  He got hit with an 0-2.  Sure, it probably hurt like heck since it was in the elbow.  But it’s an 0-2 pitch in a one run game.  Get a brain, moran.

And I would think this is the last thing LaRussa wants right now.  He’s already stated he’s not worried about seeding.  There’s no way he wants to risk anyone getting hurt in an on field fracas a week out of the playoffs.

Plus he was probably napping at the time.

I heard Pedro Martinez on Baseball Tonight insisting Lange meant to hit Abreu. I like Pedro, but I think he's all wet on this one, for the reasons you state.

The Tigers had just scored five in the bottom of the eighth to put themselves within shouting distance of a win, and Lange is going to put an opposing hitter on base for free in the top of the ninth? And on an 0-2? If he wanted to plunk Abreu, wouldn't he have done so on the first and second pitch? Yet those first two pitches were away from Abreu, who swung and missed on them:

image.png.a64faeaaf39885c1533ab8f28ea7bb02.png

Why would Lange go and and plunk Abreu—who hangs out over the plate enough to rank third in the league in HBPs—at that point?

Pedro's hypothesis doesn't pass the smell test.

I agree there was no reason to intentionally hit Abreu. At that point he was 0-2 and the Tigers needed outs not someone on base.  LaRussa made the comment that the Tigers like to play aggresive but don't like it when they are played the same way.  Maybe I missed something but Abreu looked like he was running his mouth at 2nd to start the whole thing.  

On 9/28/2021 at 9:13 AM, chasfh said:

I heard Pedro Martinez on Baseball Tonight insisting Lange meant to hit Abreu. I like Pedro, but I think he's all wet on this one, for the reasons you state.

The Tigers had just scored five in the bottom of the eighth to put themselves within shouting distance of a win, and Lange is going to put an opposing hitter on base for free in the top of the ninth? And on an 0-2? If he wanted to plunk Abreu, wouldn't he have done so on the first and second pitch? Yet those first two pitches were away from Abreu, who swung and missed on them:

image.png.a64faeaaf39885c1533ab8f28ea7bb02.png

Why would Lange go and and plunk Abreu—who hangs out over the plate enough to rank third in the league in HBPs—at that point?

Pedro's hypothesis doesn't pass the smell test.

That's disappointing from Martinez.